Bluebird & Other Scale Models

Black Knight

1/43 record models

Post by Black Knight »

Who has what then? Post plenty of photo's.

I'm in the midst of collecting Campbell, Segrave & Cobb models. Trying to get in kit form, though i've purchased afew poorly made models to restore.
ace_chris

Re: Bluebird & Other Scale Models

Post by ace_chris »

What have you got then?
Black Knight

Post by Black Knight »

I have Pandora Models 1927 & 1931 Blue Bird cars. Western Models 1933 & 1935 Blue Bird, 1964 CN7, 1000hp Sunbeam, Golden Arrow & Thunderbolt. Mach One Models 1935 Blue Bird, 1964 CN7, K4 Blue Bird & K4 Blue Bird jet. John Shinton Models Railton Special. Grand Prix Models Napier Railton. Replicast Models K6 Crusader, 1955 K7 & 1967 K7, Miss England II. Touchwood Models 1959, 1964 & 1967 K7's, 1923 Sunbeam, 1925 Sunbeam Blue Bird, Miss England II & Miss America X. LSR Productions K4 Blue Bird.

The majority are kits & in various states of build, at least half have got as far as being primed. I want to get the Bluebirds all ready for painting blue at the same time as i have a big tin of RAL5009 & dont want to keep mixing it each time. I know, lazy biscuit [EDIT] lol.

I've not been successful with spraying acrylic so have rubbed the models i'd started back to primer & will be going back to good ol' cellulose, which i think finishes better & smells nicer :-D

I'll try & post some photo's when I get them back out the boxes.
Black Knight

Post by Black Knight »

Yeah but there's never been a definitive known colour for any of the others & CN7 is RAL5009 so that'll do for me. It's actually a nice colour highly polished.
Antoine

Post by Antoine »

Hi,

I do not know if I can post this here but I have for sale an untouched Touchwood Bluebird model in 1/12. It is still in box.
If someone is interested, he can PM me.

Thanks
image.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Buzz1024

Post by Buzz1024 »

Hi - hopefully someone on here can help me. I've been sorting out some of my late fathers stuff ready for a clearout and have a Bluebird K7 model - it looks to be approx 1/43 and the label on the bottom of the case has F C Harris, replicast models on it. It looks to be a quality model but I'm not having much luck finding out much about it.
Hopefully someone can enlighten me. Thanks
f1steveuk

Post by f1steveuk »

It's a Replicast, made by the genius that is Fred Harris. Fred sold his masters but continues to makes short runs on commision and for himself. I know there's always a lot of "that's the wrong shape, that was bigger etc etc" when it comes to models, but what Fred produced, and how, was miraculous. If you have never seen one of his one metre long Miss England II s, you have missed a real treat.

Your K7 is a rare kit these days, made or unmade, and would sell very well indeed
Last edited by f1steveuk on Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Steve Holter, UK and France, and sometimes reality....................
Black Knight

Post by Black Knight »

I've only ever seen the photo of Kevin Desmond holding 1 of those Miss Englands. Stuart Delf of Touchwood is working on a 1/12 scale model but it was on hold last time i spoke to him about it.

The 1/43 Replicast stuff is hard to get hold of, took me years to get a K6 Crusader kit. Hell of a lot of work so far but worth it, & it's still a long way off finishing. I have afew K7's of Fred's & afew of Touchwoods. It doesn't bother me if things aren't quite right as no one is out there with accurate plans to make them 100%. iirc they only been made from photo's. I'm waiting to see decent profile photo's of the rebuilt K7's nose to see whether it's worth changing the models.
rapidrabbit

Re: Bluebird Models

Post by rapidrabbit »

longarmedgibbon wrote:here are some pics of ernie lazenbys gas trurbine running at ullswater i zoomed in the pictures so you can see the model planeing. the reason it planes so well is that my dad angled the planing wedge diffrent to the real one
Picture 1016.jpg
Hello Ian,

Sorry its a slightly late reply/response but could you confirm if your father altered just the front sponson planing wedge angles or did he do the rear centre one to match?Just wondering as I am nearing completion of my own K7 turbine build but mine is in 1/12th scale.

All the best for now,

Nigel
longarmedgibbon

Post by longarmedgibbon »

These are the best photos of the ernie lazenby ( my dad ) 1 6 th turbine model running
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.