Bluebird & Other Scale Models

K7boats

Re: Bluebird & Other Scale Models

Post by K7boats »

More pics
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
midlife

Post by midlife »

Hi Al,
I do like a good looking rear end,'what
A shame you're taking a saw to it, have you not considered making a new canopy for the 64 version & keeping this?
I've already made a plug for the canopy, just waiting for the plastic to arrive then I'll have a go at vacuum forming, what's the old saying... How hard can it be lol......
The wife doesn't know it's going in the oven yetImage

Cheers
Wayne

midlife

Post by midlife »

Oh Al,
By the way, there's some really good videos on vacuum forming on YouTube
Cheers
Wayne

midlife

Post by midlife »

Hi Al, here's a better pic of my canopy plug plus a tiny addition that came in the post today, just need a red jacket for him & to paint his inner ears blue[.]
Cheers
Wayne

K7boats

Post by K7boats »

Hi looks good , look at this picture (o:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
K7boats

Post by K7boats »

Woops upside down nose has changed and most of the boat my turbine back on test rig waiting new jet pipe before testing as the one in place now has to be all ripped out and that's when the water break comes out but the working plunger in the break will now be made into a lock for engine cover
midlife

Post by midlife »

Hehe, your Mr Woppit looks awesome, did you make it yourself, or where can I buy one?
It does look sad ripping it to bits but glass half full, I'm sure it will look amazing when done, you just don't see 64 versions.
I've been busy with the 12th scale K7, I'm well on with planking the engine cover & I've fitted the rudder & prop from the donor boat, shame it wouldn't go on the correct side, but it will do.
Cheers
Wayne
ImageImage

K7boats

Post by K7boats »

Hello Wayne I bought it from a woman who makes items for toy houses etc of her kit was on ebay but I contacted her and sent pics and she made it its going in the boat with DC I will try my best to find her details I'm sure I've got the invoice someware it was cheap though not a bank breaker like the kit for k7 your boat looks good and I bet it will skip along water ok and fast all the best for Xmas
Al.
midlife

Post by midlife »

That would be brilliant Al thank you very much!!!!
Have a good one, let's see what Santa brings
Cheers
Wayne

midlife

Post by midlife »

Not seen this Cobb footage before, I hope this link works as there is some excellent detail for model builders including a clear closeup of the cockpit

https://www.facebook.com/29532268749683 ... 362721167/

Enjoy!
Cheers
Wayne