Bluebird & Other Scale Models

bluebirdsback

Re: Bluebird Models

Post by bluebirdsback » Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:47 pm

I will save my 30 quid then Mike, I will make one out of cornflake boxes ,which i should have done for the K7 model. I would have been 30 quid up and have a more accurate model.
The moment you make something idiot proof a new breed of idiots will come along and prove you wrong

Mike Bull

Post by Mike Bull » Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:09 pm

I'm mulling over softening the smaller half in boiling water and pulling it to shape as a last ditch attempt to save it, but I'm not holding my breath and didn't try it today as I had lost my rag with the bloody thing!

Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo » Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:30 pm

You could maybe force it to where you can glue it then stress-relieve it with your good lady's hairdryer once the glue has gone off.
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'Sometimes you gotta be an S.O.B if you wanna make a dream reality' Mark Knopfler

ace_chris

Post by ace_chris » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:07 am

Mike Bull wrote:I'm mulling over softening the smaller half in boiling water and pulling it to shape as a last ditch attempt to save it, but I'm not holding my breath and didn't try it today as I had lost my rag with the bloody thing!
As with my previous comments regarding the Speedline K7 kit I think it is a real liberty that Speedline models have the audacitiy to ask for £30 for this model and it doesnt even go together properly!!!! Might we worth an email to Adrian to see if he will replace the parts for you? Chris

Mike Bull

Post by Mike Bull » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:41 am

Renegadenemo wrote:You could maybe force it to where you can glue it then stress-relieve it with your good lady's hairdryer once the glue has gone off.
I don't think it'll force into place enough to glue first, but a hair dryer is a good idea for softening the material into shape beforehand- if I can bring the edges of one piece in a bit, and the edges of the other piece out...

Here's a look at the problem I'm talking about- a difference in widths down both sides between the top and bottom halves of the main body that's well over the thickness of the material!!! :o
P6077078.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:39 am

It is a bit of a disgrace selling something for good money that even an experienced and skilful model-maker can't assemble without having to rework the major parts. Someone have a word... get it fixed.

'Sometimes you gotta be an S.O.B if you wanna make a dream reality' Mark Knopfler

Mike Bull

Post by Mike Bull » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:48 am

I'm assuming that the piece that ended up wider just didn't pull down correctly when it was vac-formed, as the original former should have been spot on IF it was indeed 'borrowed' from another source...ah well, it'll fix.

Probably.

Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:43 am

I'm assuming that the piece that ended up wider just didn't pull down correctly when it was vac-formed,
So where's the quality assurance process? A simple go/no-go gauge would have weeded that one out. What's the excuse for turning out crap?

bluebirdsback

Post by bluebirdsback » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:56 pm

Simple. Cash in pocket and sod the poor sods who spend thier hard earned cash on what looks a decent buy looking at the finished models they show on E bay. Its certainly not the one your going to get though.
The moment you make something idiot proof a new breed of idiots will come along and prove you wrong

ace_chris

Post by ace_chris » Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:09 pm

As far as I understand it, there is NO quality assurance process - the local vac form factory knock these out (who in themselves are actually alright based on the othet stuff they produce) and they get boxed up by Adrian Gossling at Speedline Models - whilst quite possibly wearing a mask and a striped jumper :evil: