Off Topic- Boys Toys

Renegadenemo

Off Topic- Boys Toys

Post by Renegadenemo »

This is my Wee-Wee machine. The ultimate games console... Expensive, yes, but you can often pick up an old RS Ford these days for less money than one of those Nintendo jobs will set you back.
Pic, copyright of Mr Bull.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
klingon

Re: Pic of the Day

Post by klingon »

Used to have a Broadspeed Capri rs3100 till I remembered I actually liked living and cars with brakes!
"I hate two faced people-don't know which face to punch first!"
Jordangbr

Post by Jordangbr »

I always found that the steering went light on those Capri's as the faster you went as the front lifted, wee wee machines indeed!
I used to have a GRP4 MK2 RS1800............. :D
Bangers!
You must have known I was coming!
Jordangbr

Post by Jordangbr »

Reminds me of a Star Wars Storm Trooper helmet on wheels.
Cool as! :D
Bangers!
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

While we're all waiting for this big tin boat we may as well talk about cars. Anyone else got or had any nice toys?
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
bluebirdsback

Post by bluebirdsback »

All i can offer up regarding toys is me meccano. Needs some fettling but it'll fix. Also got me little steam engines and recently moved into the world of model internal combustion engines. Not RS200 class but keeps me busy while not on the tin boat. :oops:
The moment you make something idiot proof a new breed of idiots will come along and prove you wrong
klingon

Post by klingon »

Renegadenemo wrote:While we're all waiting for this big tin boat we may as well talk about cars. Anyone else got or had any nice toys?
1994 Bentley Turbo R-
1958 MG Magnette ZB
Previously-E type roadster series 1 1/2-Aston DB4-ex Ecurie Ecosse Mk7 Jaguar fitted as pace car with triple webers etc-1965 Lotus Cortina mk1-1970 Lotus Cortina mk2-Iso Lele-Jensen CV8-about 18 jags of all descriptions-1960 Cadillac coupe de ville-1987 Tofas Sahin-(Turkish fiat mirafiori) at my house in Turkey-it's godawful!
klingon

Post by klingon »

Jordangbr wrote:I always found that the steering went light on those Capri's as the faster you went as the front lifted, wee wee machines indeed!
I used to have a GRP4 MK2 RS1800............. :D
Not with a big nail of a V6 engine they didn't!-just wouldn't stop worth a damn!-had disc brakes on rear as well due to the Atlas axle but nae use!-animal of a car right enough-triple downdraught Weber 45dcoe carbs and a thirst like a fighter jet!-used to burn off Porsches on the M8-back tyres lasted about 200 miles-big clunky Rocket gearbox as well-sold it to a wee guy in Rutherglen who drove it up a tree the next day--
turbocox

Post by turbocox »

Renegadenemo wrote:While we're all waiting for this big tin boat we may as well talk about cars. Anyone else got or had any nice toys?
I know its abit late in this thread :roll: , but as my first post I,d like to share with you my toys

There is a connection here.... A small one.... The white car is A COX Grand Touring Mini and the connection with Campbell is that the Cox was released to the public on a cold January 4th morning in 1967 at the Racing Car Show . The blue car not that exciting a later model of the same car.

The Cox has 165bhp + 70bhp Nitrous oxide and is 610kg's
The blue car has 285bhp + 70bhp Nitrous oxide and is 686kg's

On another note I used to work at "Tickford" and remember a few entertaining road tests in the RS200-S's :lol:

O/T is it weird that my two son's are named Campbell and Leo? :ugeek: :lol:
All men dream: but not equally,Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act out their dream with open eyes, to make it possible.
Jordangbr

Re: Off Topic- Boys Toys

Post by Jordangbr »

And made in the same factory in Shenstone.
I'm trying to imagine Roger Clark at the wheel of this beast!
RS Robin.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bangers!