The Bloodhound SSC/Thrust/Noble Thread

Canopener Al

Re: The Bloodhound SSC/Thrust/Noble Thread

Post by Canopener Al »

25 Million? That the debts they have built up? How on earth can they need 25 million overwise. Richard Noble has been known to have failures of course as well as the Thrust projects.
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

Had to laugh at the selling. It costs less than finishing last in F1 or the Americas Cup. Just think of all those unfortunate folk out there not wishing to risk their 25 million quid for fear of coming last.
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
JfromJAGs

Post by JfromJAGs »

Does anyone know how much money went into the Bloodhound SSC project so far? How much are those 25m in relation to the overall investment?

@BBP team: After your experience from restoring and operating Bluebird, what do you think how much it would cost to build a Bluebird 2.0 WWSR contender and how long would that take? I mean, just in case there a several 25m floating around, it would give inverstors an option... :D

Joerg
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

@BBP team: After your experience from restoring and operating Bluebird, what do you think how much it would cost to build a Bluebird 2.0 WWSR contender and how long would that take? I mean, just in case there a several 25m floating around, it would give inverstors an option... :D
We have often discussed this and we could build a boat to do the job in no time flat if someone put 25 million on the table. Or even a bit less. We have engines, expertise and friends in all the right places. No problem.

ted.walsh

Post by ted.walsh »

i'Am a waitin.... :D
pmw1985

Post by pmw1985 »

25 Million is not a lot compared to F1 where Mercedes & Ferrari spend 250 million each every year. hopefully we will see someone like richard branson step in or tell Mrs May not to pay europe 30 billion and fund British projects instead
ace_chris

Post by ace_chris »

But the trouble is this is essentially a one off record where by the f1 teams compete year after year for sponsorship and prize money. In terms of Brexit, if we were staying in the project would not have run out of money. So hate to be negative but looks like it is the end of the road for it, such a shame.
mark-f

Post by mark-f »

Totally agree with the comments above. Once M'rs Mogg, Johnson & their bonkers mates have had their way, cash is going to be very, very tight for a long, long time.
longarmedgibbon

Post by longarmedgibbon »

Could the BBP take over the quicksilver ?
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

Only as Ken's original four point design to prove it was valid, which l believe it was, but yes...