The Bloodhound SSC/Thrust/Noble Thread

Renegadenemo

Re: Off Topic- Richard Noble/Bloodhound SSC

Post by Renegadenemo » Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:47 am

Come on then, what's it going to be RoJ or JoR? I reckon they'll stick with RoJ
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'Sometimes you gotta be an S.O.B if you wanna make a dream reality' Mark Knopfler

klingon

Post by klingon » Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:56 pm

Yeah-concur with that-(a) jet is a heavy item to stick on top of the car-kinda bugger up the CoG-(b) if rocket engine blows the pilot is sitting in front of it!-on top it just may blow off the top of the car-or be blown with a "chicken switch" (c) sizes- jet is far bigger than rocket-car would look "funny" and thrust vectoring may be "off". :geek:
"I hate two faced people-don't know which face to punch first!"

Mike Bull

Post by Mike Bull » Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:15 pm

Another vote for RoJ here.

jonwrightk7

Post by jonwrightk7 » Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:11 pm

yep, i think got to be roj. surely this layout helps with download on the front end at high sub and low supersonic speed? :)
The world is full of Kings and Queens; who blind your eyes, then steal your dreams..

lsrdatabase

Post by lsrdatabase » Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:33 pm

Hi All,

If you had been at the BH SSC presentation on Sunday, held at the Coventry Motor Museum I think you would all be thinking as I do, that it's got to be JOR. Daniel their Rocket Man, gave all the various reasons for each. Then he expained how their thinking had changed as the weight distribution altered with the weight of the Rocket increased.

Wait and see folks, they know what their doing!

Regards to all, Fred

I'm just a pest, that won.t go away!

ace_chris

Post by ace_chris » Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:35 pm

Breaking news on the Bloodhound SSC website...The full sized rocket motor performed perfectly durring tests on Saturday 17th October in the Mojavi Dessert! Come on the Bloodhound! And, sorry that this is off topic too, but congratulations to Jenson Button after yesterdays performance in Brazil :D :D :D Chris

Mike Bull

Post by Mike Bull » Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:33 pm

Have they decided which way around they are actually putting the rocket and the jet engine though?!

Yes, good on Jenson- he's had some stick over the years, including some from me in his rather lean Renault 'playboy' years, but he took full advantage of Ross Brawn's superb car at the start of the season, and drove like a demon yesterday to make his point as he mopped up enough points to take the title. And yay for Brawn GP overall, too.

ace_chris

Post by ace_chris » Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:58 pm

Havent seen which way around they are being mounted, but I think the hot end will be pointing towards the back of the car...! HeHe :lol: :lol:

Good on Jenson, he drove like a demon yesterday. What a great feeling watching the Brawn 'underdogs' achieve what they did yesterday. I think DC will be looking down with an approving smile and a wink - "Large brandy waiting for you at the bar old boy..." Chris

Mike Bull

Post by Mike Bull » Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:18 pm

Here we go-

The rocket plume looks impressive, but the design of the actual car itself as seen to the left of shot leaves a lot to be desired! :lol:

malcolm uk

Post by malcolm uk » Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:58 pm

My undertsanding is that Bloodhound will follow Richard Brown & Sammy Miller and go to jet over rocket in the finalised design.

Having seen the rocket firing how would you like to manhandle the 'spent' casing after a run, from the top of the chassis over a very warm jet engine?

Malcolm
Malcolm Pittwood
The Bluebird Project
Operations