And for my next trick

lsrdatabase

And for my next trick

Post by lsrdatabase »

Sent: Wednesday, September 02, 2009 9:28 PM
Subject: Boat Launching Procedures

Received this tonight, I just had to pass it on.
Fred.

Boat Launching Procedures

So here is the scene:

He had just bought a new boat and decided to take her for the maiden voyage this past weekend.

This is his first boat and he wasn't quite sure of the exact Standard Operating Procedures for launching it off a ramp, but he figured it couldn't be too hard.

He had consulted his local boat dealer for advice, but they just said "Don't let the trailer get in too deep when you are trying to launch the boat".

Well, seems he didn't really know what they meant by that as he could barely get the trailer in the water at all!

Anyhow, here's a picture below. See for yourself.

Where did he go wrong?

You're gonna love this guy!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm just a pest, that won't go away!

No virus found in this incoming message.
Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com
Version: 8.5.409 / Virus Database: 270.13.75/2341 - Release Date: 09/02/09 05:50:00
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by lsrdatabase on Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Drewski

Re: And for my next trick

Post by Drewski »

we all live in a yellow submarine........ :)
Many Miles away, there's a shadow on a door, of a cottage on the Shore, of a Dark Scottish Lake.....
jonwrightk7

Post by jonwrightk7 »

i suppose he claimed on his insurance on the strength that no one told him you dont launch a boat like that! :twisted:
The world is full of Kings and Queens; who blind your eyes, then steal your dreams..
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

When we dived off the NE coast every weekend we saw some sights. Various assorted 4WD vehicles under water, unseaworthy vessels miles offshore without so much as a radio or a flare, but my favourite was a ten year old boy stranded halfway down the stonework at the end of the south pier at Tynemouth. He'd got stuck like a fly on a wall about twenty feet below the guardrail and twenty feet above the water and found he could go neither up nor down. We threw a diver overboard carrying a coil of rope with instruction to swim to a nearby set of stairs and get the rope lowered to the lad. We kitted in another pair in case he fell and had the boat stand-off at a distance of about five metres - no easy task in the swell that day. Our diver made it onto the pier and the rope was lowered, the lad grabbed a loop tied in the end then a hastily assembled tug o'war team on the pier whisked him up to safety. And the reason for all this... he'd got his fishing hook stuck in the stonework!

Then the strangest thing happened. What appeared to be a total stranger walked purposefully out of the throng of onlookers, grabbed the lad and started repeatedly clipping him around the head. The crowd was about to stop him when the lad started shouting, "Stop it, dad!"
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
jonwrightk7

Post by jonwrightk7 »

just amazing! perhaps the character in the pick up in the sea was the same individual who warned about the dangers of starting k7s engine within the confines of the ruskin museum! hells teeth!!!! :evil:
The world is full of Kings and Queens; who blind your eyes, then steal your dreams..
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

jonwrightk7 wrote:just amazing! perhaps the character in the pick up in the sea was the same individual who warned about the dangers of starting k7s engine within the confines of the ruskin museum! hells teeth!!!! :evil:

Never thought of that. Perhaps a good caption for the photo would be, 'HLF launches a boat'.
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
klingon

Post by klingon »

"Hello AA?-I got water in me carb!" :roll:
"I hate two faced people-don't know which face to punch first!"