Nomadic, Titanic & other historic vessels

Renegadenemo

Nomadic, Titanic & other historic vessels

Post by Renegadenemo »

Has anyone else noticed the SS Nomadic project descending into ruin? It was Klingon Andy who flagged it up to me. Looks like a disturbingly familliar scenario. Museologists, HL-effers and probably a sprinkling of type-3 idiots getting themselves in a hopeless muddle. They never learn.
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
Renegadenemo

Re: SS Nomadic

Post by Renegadenemo »

You just reminded me of something... Would the gentleman who has our throttle linkage rod be good enough to return it. We're ready to put it back and it must be clean by now.

Terminator

Post by Terminator »

Evening Boss :)
Ah yes the throttle linkage, I had also forgotten that you had given a certain person the task of transforming that particular piece of deformed poetry! I will seek out and establish it whereabouts without delay!! Rest assured I will leave no stone unturned until it is found from that safest of safe places in which it has been kept safe for many months.
Now let me see :?

If you remember correctly I personally took homework home on two occasions and returned them both gleaming :D Firstly both Batteries and secondly both air starter bottles. However I have a feeling this is more than can be said for the original person given this small task! I will go and have a word and establish it whereabouts and actually how far they got with their Brillo pad :D sorry I meant Baby Shampoo of course 8-)

Fear not Boss I shall return :D
Novie
I'll Be Back
"Never ride faster than your Angel can fly"
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

As you say, Novie, your work on the batteries and start bottles was exemplary. Imagine how clean our throttle linkage must be by now. I'll leave its safe return in your capable hands...

Terminator

Post by Terminator »

Good news I have it Boss :)

Found the bloody thing after twos hrs of looking :D Only kidding I knew where it was all the time :roll: I think another polish is in order though as it has been gathering dust whilst sitting in a cupboard. I had forgotten to tell you some of the serial numbers are clear to read. However the original colour of the linkages is that Aircraft GREEN although well faded it was Green like the other linkage in pic of the day recently. Will have it back up to you a.s.a.p.
I love how the chrome parts have come up really shiney even that bend with the heat treatment they had put in has come up really well. Except for the steel bits which are heavily rusted! May need to be lightly shot blasted and treated by your man at bettablast?
Otherwise chuffed to bits with it on the whole.

Novie

Told you I'll Be Back ;)
Terminator

Post by Terminator »

Aye Mike that was before your time mate when we were taking homework home. Infact to be honest it was Julie who asked if she could have a bit to clean as I was taking more work home as the volunteer front was a bit thin on the ground way back then. The workshop wasn't always the warm clean environment it is today! Anyway I've got the roof rack on so that Jet engine should be OK once I get the bugger tide/secured down. It would be good if I could get it to light up certainly give Mr. Dodds a different take on what real speed is coming back across the A69 :twisted:

Mind you we don't do so bad in the old Scubby :twisted:

Novie

I'll Be back
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

It's never clean with you lot making mess in one corner then wandering off to start a new mess somewhere else... but Carl does keep it warm.

klingon

Post by klingon »

Bill-I got an dea-why not drag the Nomadic,and the City Of Adelaide up the Tyne and we'll all knock the stuffing out of old boats till doomsday?-might be a tight fit in the workshop though! :lol:
"I hate two faced people-don't know which face to punch first!"
jonwrightk7

Post by jonwrightk7 »

why not drag the HLF and the beauracrats up the tyne and knock the stuffing out of them? much more satisfiying!! :twisted:
The world is full of Kings and Queens; who blind your eyes, then steal your dreams..
bluebirdsback

Post by bluebirdsback »

Its like bloody chinese whispers here, we went from SS nomadic to tidy workshops in 10 moves. I always say that a messy workshop is a busy one where a tidy one is someone who does sod all all day. Thats what i tell my boss at work but in reality i cant be arsed to tidy it up. My rivet barra is still quite tidy though. Oh and thank you Novie for having the missing piece. Workshop will be a much happier place tomorrow now Bill knows where it is and we can stand interpol down.
The moment you make something idiot proof a new breed of idiots will come along and prove you wrong