Other Speed Record Breakers Are Available!

malcolm uk

Re: Other Speed Record Breakers Are Available!

Post by malcolm uk »

Can't say, unfortunately, but the problem comes down to the behaviour of the shock-wave at the rear of the vehicle at transonic speeds. It was investigated extensively and there'd be a nasty accident, apparently. I was told that its falling over during the duel with SSC was the early onset of this problem.[/quote]

Of course the article in Racecar Engineering about the Fossett Vehicle is by the aero engineer who claims that the changes now make it a safe(r) car. In fact the article is as good a sales notice as any put out by the UK organisation who were contacted to sell her for offers over $2million. Craig is said to have acquired two engines for the next car but he has been known to proceed with building before any aero testwork, but today that comes down to CFD rather than models or wind tunnels. Problem which can occur with CFD unless you have 'live data' to check accuracy is that you apply the mathematics with some inaccuracies. Hence the confidence of BLOODHOUND SSC now with a design which in the late '90s would not have been thought the correct way to proceed in the unlimited race.
Malcolm Pittwood
The Bluebird Project
Operations
DamienB

Post by DamienB »

polo

Post by polo »

Dear all, re Project 350 / Pursuit 350 /British Pursuit
In the last 2 years I have been approached by 4 'teams' to do feasibility studies for them for an attempt on the WWSR. I did a load of reports and project costing as per their situation requests.
None of them have got further than that so far.
Tony and myself still speak regularly when he is in the country and we have often talked of returning to finish off what we started.
Project 350 was something I drew up for Tony having done a load of ground work and planning, including the setting up of a website.
We set up the 'webeden' site as a start as Tony was a bit 'miffed' that his efforts hadn't warranted a mention on the web.
I started gathering all the photos and video footage and had some put on You Tube. This is how I managed to trace the 'British Pursuit' model and posted photos of her on this site. I also 'recovered all the boat drawings, some 5kg of them[probably more actually!]
The web site and the countdown site were something we played with.
Somehow it has been released on to the web and I have no idea by who or how. The main site has been removed now and the others will also be removed.
Sorry if we have given everyone heart attacks if you saw the 'boat', it was an artists impression...but wow..didn't it grab your attention.
IF [wow thats a big word!] anything comes of any of the planning, you will be duly updated as soon as I know!
With regard to Tony...????? He has retired from his businesses, he does have time on his hands [when he is not travelling to see his daughter in Qatar and son in America..and a couple around the country / world] Well we're still talking and anything may[or may not] happen.
malcolm uk

Post by malcolm uk »

Was it something I said about WSR projects not usually willing to go public with websites?

If you had a chance to watch the video whilst the site lasted you will have seen contributors who are at the top of their professions. Not sure 'odd' does justice to describing this phase of the project. Will there be anymore coming out in February 2012 or have we seen the beginning and the end this month?
Malcolm Pittwood
The Bluebird Project
Operations
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

I read the list of contributors with eyebrows raised even further than Novie can manage and thought, wonder if that person knows they're involved...

And then it was gone.

Reading between the lines I rather suspect the old shovel has come out again and finally done for its owner.
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
Jordangbr

Other Speed Record Breakers Are Available!

Post by Jordangbr »

Polo
What was or is your point?
It seems all fart and wheel spin to me.
Bangers!
You must have known I was coming!
Bahnstormer

Post by Bahnstormer »

Has anyone noticed this : http://www.jetblack.co.nz/

Their launch video is very reminiscent of the Bloodhound one !

Glynn Bowsher is on the team.
'Questio Liberum Via'
ace_chris

Post by ace_chris »

Thats interetsing - looks like an upside down wood louse crossed with a touch of wing foot express (1). Hopefully they wont be taking their website down next week and say it was a mistake... :lol:
polo

Post by polo »

The website that was planned and completed is still on the web
www.britishpursuit.webeden.co.uk
This was the one originally set up because Tony was upset.

As I said, we have been talking about revisiting and finishing what we started. People were asked to help / join. Yes they are at the top of their profession..would you want a team otherwise?
The website and all the artists work was put together with the interviews and .........nothing

How many got too much 'wow' looking at the artist impression and didn't see:
1] all the numerous spelling mistakes?
2] The column on the left re history disagreed with the history section re speeds etc
3]The History section being a direct lift from the webeden site with the same photos.

Hardly a professional site to put out with all the 'profesionals'

It was/ is for public consumption when[IF] it is completed

IF we progress to more than talking.........

As I said before, IF anything happens, you will be the first to know ! Sorry if I/we got your hopes up but at the moment Nigel is the only challenger at the moment with one other team[not involving me] past the talking stage in this country[ to my knowledge]
DamienB

Post by DamienB »

I'm hugely confused, Ted...