Other Speed Record Breakers Are Available!

Jimbo

Re: Other Speed Record Breakers Are Available!

Post by Jimbo »

That is AMAZING! Thanks for posting it - I had not heard of this incredible bike before.
I can't help but think of the Burt Munro after watching this. What a great film "World's Fastest Indian" is!
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Has anybody read the book "World's Fastest Coffin on Water" - a biography of Ken Warby? I was wondering if it was worth buying.
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

David and I ended up sharing a hymn book at the Corp's funeral and at some point I remember him mentioning that he'd bought a couple of R-R Viper engines for a car - then I promptly forgot all about it.
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
malcolm uk

Post by malcolm uk »

Renegadenemo wrote:David and I ended up sharing a hymn book at the Corp's funeral and at some point I remember him mentioning that he'd bought a couple of R-R Viper engines for a car - then I promptly forgot all about it.
I think that was the intention ................. as the purchases made involved more than some motors.

First public outing of the jet car (Team AirAsia STAY GOLD) was at former RAF Kemble - with the Red Arrows sitting on the taxiway of their former home and the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight overhead during the day.

Webmaster will be fettling the site I am told.
Malcolm Pittwood
The Bluebird Project
Operations
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
jonwrightk7

Post by jonwrightk7 »

expensive too!! :)
The world is full of Kings and Queens; who blind your eyes, then steal your dreams..
jonwrightk7

Post by jonwrightk7 »

not quite the same spectacle as a jet car! still an impressive achievement though. how long will mr wales' steam powered record last? ;)
The world is full of Kings and Queens; who blind your eyes, then steal your dreams..
Excelsior2007

Nemesis Electric Car

Post by Excelsior2007 »

I was wondering if anyone else had seen any news coverage on the Nemesis Electric car, which earlier this week broke the electric car land speed record, previously held by Don Wales.

(Merged with the existing thread- Mike)
malcolm uk

Post by malcolm uk »

Whilst the Nemesis has indeed gone faster than Bluebird Electric 2, Don Wales retains his records in class II at 137 mph, but his records set with BE1 in Class III (over 1000kg) were 'broken' by the Ecotricity team subject to MSA ratification. There are three weight classes in the electric class (and steam class). Nemesis i9s the fastest electric car recorded on British ground.

The Americans building a steam car will be building a simpler and more aerodynamic streamliner so look to 2013 for that nation to regain the record.
Malcolm Pittwood
The Bluebird Project
Operations
Dominic Owen

Post by Dominic Owen »

I'm still rather astounded that, in over a century, the steam record has been challenged only once and raised by a mere 10mph (for the measured mile), even though the 1902 record was ratified using different criteria.
A great effort by the "Inspiration" team, however, and in the face of their fair share of set-backs. Just as importantly, they seem to have done exactly what the name suggested by bringing a virtually forgotten record class back to the fore. I think it could be an interesting one to keep an eye on over the next year or few.
One by one, the penguins are stealing my sanity...