Other Speed Record Breakers Are Available!

lsrdatabase

Re: Other Speed Record Breakers Are Available!

Post by lsrdatabase » Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:47 pm

Hi Steve,

Talking of Lee Taylors Discovery II, did I sent you the CD? Let me know if not.

Kindest regards, Fred

"I'm just the bloke, that won't go away!"

Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo » Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:52 pm

That makes about 35 forums (fora ??) he's be kicked off, a record in itself surely??
Another Type III... I wonder if we could somehow gather them all onto one forum and just let them go. How entertaining would that be!
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'Sometimes you gotta be an S.O.B if you wanna make a dream reality' Mark Knopfler

f1steveuk

Post by f1steveuk » Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:51 pm

I'd sign up for that one, just as a spectator, it would be hillarious!

Fred I'll send you a mail off forum, still the same e mail address? If not, I am!
Steve Holter, UK and France, and sometimes reality....................

klingon

Post by klingon » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:32 am

Got me thinking-the current record seems to be only about 12 or so mph faster than a production Tesla-(top speed 126 mph)
think we got serious competition from the yanks! :shock:
"I hate two faced people-don't know which face to punch first!"

malcolm uk

Post by malcolm uk » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:10 pm

In media circles there is the story that a UK record attempt involving a Tesla (or Tesler)was pulled at the 11th hour by the factory who did not want their cars 'efforts' to be filmed. And the so called wind powered Nemisis has not made its UK speed bid nearly a year after the announcement by the MD of the company.

175 mph across the sand at Pendine should focus Don's attention on driving much more than a 90 mph lawn mower.

Malcolm
Malcolm Pittwood
The Bluebird Project
Operations

malcolm uk

Post by malcolm uk » Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:45 pm

Now for something even greener than electric cars.

Go to www.splinterbike.co.uk to see a speed attempt planned for an all wooden bicycle. No metal at all and no rubber I am told.

Read Michael's Blog to see why I know about this speed bid.

Malcolm

PS. Apart from the wind turbine or hydro produced electricity, try seeking an answer to how 'green' the UK power stations are that recharge the batteries of an electric car.......................... Now that could lead to a rant or two.
Malcolm Pittwood
The Bluebird Project
Operations

Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo » Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:36 pm

Apart from the wind turbine or hydro produced electricity, try seeking an answer to how 'green' the UK power stations are that recharge the batteries of an electric car.......................... Now that could lead to a rant or two.
That's an old one of mine. Yeah, yeah, electric cars, green, save the planet and all that bollocks... Except that anyone familiar with the law of conservation of energy knows that you get nowt for nowt and a dirty great power station has to belch a gazillion tons of Co2 so your car charger will work in the first place.

'Sometimes you gotta be an S.O.B if you wanna make a dream reality' Mark Knopfler

kneeslider

Post by kneeslider » Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:10 pm

If you want to see just how 'green' the uk's power system is, then have a look here:-

http://www.bmreports.com/bsp/bsp_home.htm

And scroll down the page till you find the generation by fuel type table. It shows that in the last 24 hours, the contribution to total electricity demand from wind power was an immense 1%. All the billions spent on windmills, and all those tv ads trying to convince Joe Public that wind power really is the future.

The real costs of wind power are very, very opaque. The national grid have to run conventional, thermal power stations at middling loads, to cope with the unpredictability of wind, which costs, as the operators of those power stations sell their output to max load, because that is where the efficiency is, and is what they were designed to do. They then bid into a market (at prices up to their marginal costs) to pay the National Grid to turn down the output away from max load. This cost is then fed back into the system as NG's 'Use of System' charges, which is a £/MW figure, recovered from all users of the system.

Lots of interesting stuff on there too, but you have to take the time to analyse it, and work out what all the numbers actually mean.

I work in the power industry, and making sense of it all what I try to do.

D.E.

Post by D.E. » Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:33 pm

Deleted
Last edited by D.E. on Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:14 pm, edited 12 times in total.

Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo » Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:45 am

I'm sure Pierce Brosnan drove that in a Bond movie once upon a time.