Other Speed Record Breakers Are Available!

Black Knight

Re: Other Speed Record Breakers Are Available!

Post by Black Knight »

I went to the launch last Tuesday at Brooklands. Great to finally meet afew people & put names to faces. Talk by the author was great & finally get close up to BABS was a bonus as she was supposed to have left by then.
mtskull

Post by mtskull »

From my long experience with sheds, I can't help feeling that the most significant achievement there was to keep the felt from blowing off the roof once they got over about 50 mph....
Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goals.
Healey nut

Post by Healey nut »

I see a striking resemblance to this automotive design horror story
C427BCE5-959C-4DD9-A305-EFA5CE4705EA.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Thats not an oil leak , its my patent pending Old British Sports Car rustproofing system . :mrgreen:
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

Don't think Adrian Newey was on the shed design team somehow.
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
captain sparkle

Post by captain sparkle »

Jaguar Vector Racing breaks maritime electric speed record

Read all about it!
https://www.boatinternational.com/yacht ... ord--37283
TED WALSH AT SPEED ON CONISTON

Now over 3.1 Million hits on Youtube, subscribers needed! permanent positions available, please apply now!
midlife

Post by midlife »

Thanks for sharing, I’m a bit shocked that they have used what looks to be a stock hull & drive configuration, as they could have created something quite radical, on the other hand I guess that they want to get their foot in the door for any potential changes in F1. Not that I know owt about powerboat racing lol
Cheers
Wayne
Malcolm Ops

Post by Malcolm Ops »

The Jaguar Vector boat had a specific record to beat which was achieved by a circuit style boat. There is not much that can be done to the design of an outboard, whatever the 'power head' used. Their major advantage was that the area behind the cockpit could be kept covered to prevent (as far as practicable) anyone/everyone seeing the technology of Williams Advanced Engineering - batteries, cooling system and controller.

The pilot of the craft has said the boat will be in action again during Coniston Records Week 2018. This will give them some extra time over the three 8am until 4pm days that they were permitted to run in May. (They were interrupted by mist and a few technical problems).
Malcolm Ops

Derby, England
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

So having raped the planet for enough semi precious metals to make half a ton of batteries they then used most of their power hauling the lot around. Just can't get away with this electric stuff.
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
ted.walsh

Post by ted.walsh »

does anyone know what it weighed in at? or what it’s rpm’s were?
the picture looks like it’s set up a bit heavy but you never know where in the run the pic was taken or the drivers preference for that matter...
Malcolm Ops

Post by Malcolm Ops »

ted.walsh wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:22 pm does anyone know what it weighed in at? or what it’s rpm’s were?
the picture looks like it’s set up a bit heavy
The team witheld technical details, however the battery pack/controller/coolers etc were described as being 320kg in weight (which would have replaced the fuel tank and pump). There are two electric motors on the 'powerhead', each 295 HP. No mention of rpm, although they did break one 'gearbox' by Wednesday lunchtime.

I feel sure some of the WMBRC members at the bid could provide some more accurate details.
Malcolm Ops

Derby, England