What have forum members been up to?

Richie

Re: What have forum members been up to?

Post by Richie »

No question about it.....
"You can screw a man down until he takes to drinking......take me to the fantastic place..."
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

Let's hope he doesn't drown this one in crystal clear water immediately following a building collapse then.
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
Stuart Baker

Post by Stuart Baker »

Hmm. I took the family to see it last week too. My 11 year old daughter confessed at the end that she hadn't understood the plot, but loved the bits where things blew up.

Clearly she has the makings of a true Bond fan. As I explained to her, the plot is a thinly veiled disguise on which the directors can hang loads of special effects, a few "in" jokes, and some marginally appropriate petting. The whole thing is not supposed to be believable in any way shape or form...
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

Well I finally finished painting the Gruffalo's Child on the little-un's wall.

Gruffalo fans will know that the mouse craftily convinces the Gruffalo that he's the scariest creature in the wood by using the Gruffalo to scare off would-be predators, fox, owl and snake. The Gruffalo then, having seen how scared they are, decides he'd best be scared too and mouse is spared, but the Gruffalo's child is young and fearless and also sets about the mouse. But mouse is equally cunning with the second generation of Gruffalo and uses moonlight to project a huge shadow of himself onto the snow thus confirming rumours of a big, terrifying mouse and he's spared once again.
It's all eminently more believable than any Bond movie.
Gruffalo's Child.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Stuart Baker

Post by Stuart Baker »

Renegadenemo wrote:Well I finally finished painting the Gruffalo's Child on the little-un's wall.
We assume that the little 'un actually asked for Smurfs to be painted on the wall, but that would have used too much of your blue paint :-)
Dominic Owen

Post by Dominic Owen »

Stuart Baker wrote:
Renegadenemo wrote:Well I finally finished painting the Gruffalo's Child on the little-un's wall.
We assume that the little 'un actually asked for Smurfs to be painted on the wall, but that would have used too much of your blue paint :-)
There would have been too many arguments as to the right shade :D
One by one, the penguins are stealing my sanity...
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

Ugh! Couldn't possibly paint a smurf - can't stand 'em. And as I'm a big Axel Scheffler fan I always end up with one of his characters. Jane Hissey is a stunning illustrator too. Must get around to trying one of hers.

bluebirdsback

Post by bluebirdsback »

My Wife and i have now resolved any arguement over the carpet issue
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The moment you make something idiot proof a new breed of idiots will come along and prove you wrong
klingon

Post by klingon »

Spent the weekend fitting a new kitchen for the wife-hate working with wood-you can't weld it
bend it,pop rivet it or get a decent thread tapped in it-somebody please kill me-lost the will to live! Last time I buy her a kitchen for her Christmas! :twisted:
"I hate two faced people-don't know which face to punch first!"
malcolm uk

Post by malcolm uk »

Made my annual trip to the workshop in North Shields (from Coniston after Records Week) and was given the chance to cut and file some bits of expensive alloy for one sponson. Thanks to John for his guidance .... I hope none of the material was wasted.
Malcolm Pittwood
The Bluebird Project
Operations