What have forum members been up to?

Renegadenemo

Re: What have forum members been up to?

Post by Renegadenemo »

You are very kind. I have to say though, I don't think I have quite captured the complex curvatures of the sponson tops as described by Bill.....
I described them rather well, I thought. Whether I actually captured them remains to be seen... :D
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
Richie

Post by Richie »

Renegadenemo wrote:We had our Christmas drink with the boss yesterday. Gina called in to see how the build was progressing, dropped off a couple of bottles of scrummy red then took us for a pint at the local. We spent the rest of the afternoon inflicting injuries on ourselves...
All good fun.
Team Shot 2013.jpg
It was great to see Gina again and the first time I have seen her since rummaging about in her bush.... I am glad she found her dad's medallion in the end :D

Nice to see a smile on her face too. She was literally in bits the first time we met
"You can screw a man down until he takes to drinking......take me to the fantastic place..."
Terminator

Post by Terminator »

Richie wrote:
Renegadenemo wrote:We had our Christmas drink with the boss yesterday. Gina called in to see how the build was progressing, dropped off a couple of bottles of scrummy red then took us for a pint at the local. We spent the rest of the afternoon inflicting injuries on ourselves...
All good fun.
Team Shot 2013.jpg
It was great to see Gina again and the first time I have seen her since rummaging about in her bush.... I am glad she found her dad's medallion in the end :D

Nice to see a smile on her face too. She was literally in bits the first time we met
Hi Richie
Its been a difficult year for all concerned Richie on many fronts but Saturdays afternoon session was fantastic and a rejuvenated team in good spirit as Mike said singing and dancing around the workshop happy in their work. It was great to see Gina at the workshops again giving the old girl (K7) the once over and it was also wonderful that Sol could come along also. The great thing was Sol has not seen the boat since way back when she lay awaiting the hopeless lottery failure to make a decision. Sol was blown away by all the love the passion and dedication the Project has put into the old girl. He was perfectly placed to see how far we have come in that time "a credit to everyone of us on the Bluebird Project Team" I have been trying to post some pictures and Alain has sent me some instructions which I will try an post tomorrow as furiously writing cards Past 2 days. I particularly liked the Christmas Tree which I'm sure Bill will snaffle along with the bottles of red :D mind you he's earnt it.

The journey home proved interesting with driving rain and slow people getting in my way over the 69! when I finally reached St Johns In the Vale turn off I had to turn around and go back through Keswick after a car had managed to block the road stuck in flooding half way down the short cut! Roads were really bad from that point back to Coniston. Just caught the last two dances on Strictly Bu--er!!
Novie
"Never ride faster than your Angel can fly"
Richie

Post by Richie »

"LEEEEEEEEOOOOOOO, one packet of frites please"
"You can screw a man down until he takes to drinking......take me to the fantastic place..."
rob565uk

Post by rob565uk »

That's a stunning achievement Mike - congratulation to you and Bill :-)

1 in 10 people understands binary. The other one doesn't
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

Definitely - the combination of partial deafness, white-finger, skin pin finger, severe bodily interfay (up to the breasts in choccie), sciatica and general fatigue was hard to beat. Really enjoyed it. :lol:

Richie

Post by Richie »

Well done gents... I have spent most of last week sleeping ! And rsising funds to pay for a compressor I replaced..... While spending more money on my carrier engine...... My cam and bearings have arrived at last.... As has a rather tired looking carb....
Excelsior2007

Post by Excelsior2007 »

Sorry for the complete lack of visits to The Bluebird Project in recent months. I have been very very busy with work lately. The shop I work in has over the last few months been getting increasingly busy, especially due to the closure of one of our sister-branches. I'm also trying to find time for my writing and going to the gym. Also recently had a big family gathering as my grandparents celebrated their Diamond Wedding Anniversary.
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

Went down to the FAAM yesterday to take a look at the next phase of the Barra' job, namely the rear fusealge from where the tailwheel attaches to where the bloke with the gun sits. That little project has taken on a life of its own with its own crew and everything. Also had the pleasure and privilege of clambering into a Fairey Firefly and a Fulmar, though I was convinced I'd break something irreplaceable - I didn't.

Meanwhile, did we mention that K7 is now up on her new adjustable jig for leveling and moved into the centre of the workshop with her spars in place and sponsons being set up? No? Dear me - must get that diary piece finished.

rob565uk

What have forum members been up to?

Post by rob565uk »

I spotted this stunning 1928 Bugatti 2.5 litre machine whilst in the Netherlands on holidays. I wasn't able to speak to the Owner for long but I gather the had the car rebuilt in England a couple of years ago. I couldn't determine the exact model, but it has a wonderful patina, despite being rebuilt and sporting a mixture of old and new fittings and instruments. Sounded great too!

1 in 10 people understands binary. The other one doesn't