What have forum members been up to?

Renegadenemo

Re: What did you do at the weekend?

Post by Renegadenemo »

There was a time that we had the locals back here in Geordieland convinced that there was an edible species of crustacean native to Coniston. We alluded to it being a delicacy not unlike like a freshwater crayfish and called it a 'Coniston Lobster' and said we went over there gathering them at weekends from amongst the reeds.
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'Sometimes you gotta be an S.O.B if you wanna make a dream reality' Mark Knopfler
Jordangbr

What did you do at the weekend?

Post by Jordangbr »

Only a gentle 12kts today. The skill is harnessing what you cannot see..
Bangers!
You must have known I was coming!
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

The skill is harnessing what you cannot see..
You can't see diesel being injected into the cylinders or the turbo impeller spinning furiously...
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'Sometimes you gotta be an S.O.B if you wanna make a dream reality' Mark Knopfler
Richie

Post by Richie »

hahahahaha when i had my B14 we used to see the wind....we would say "Oh look there is a bit of wind there.....and there...and there" hehehehe

cant beat the kick up the ass that an oversized asymetric kite produces.....without having to put fuel in it that is....
"You can screw a man down until he takes to drinking......take me to the fantastic place..."
Jordangbr

Post by Jordangbr »

Must agree there Richie. I had 25kts out of my International 14 once. Scary stuff!
Bangers!
Andrew453

Post by Andrew453 »

I am a rag and stick sailor at point A and I want to go to point B. Seems straightforward enough. But because the wind is blowing in my face I've first got to go away over there, then I've got to go away over there, then away over there, then away...you get the picture.
OR I have a proper boat with a couple of Cats purring away under my feet. I go from point A to point B. Simples!
Jordangbr

Post by Jordangbr »

Don't get me wrong I like playing with my power boats but point and squirt is too easy.
Bangers!
Richie

Post by Richie »

pending on the boat you can point it pretty high into the wind "close hauled" i know my "B" was good at it just sheet in point it and go....none of this beating up to the mark hahahaha.

used to love watching the powerboats though my old man raced a phantom 16 formula 1/2 championship and those machines were savage.
"You can screw a man down until he takes to drinking......take me to the fantastic place..."
Andrew453

Post by Andrew453 »

Actually guys, and I'm only telling you this because I know my secret is safe with you lot, back in the day when I had a full head of hair and all my own teeth I used to mess about in GP14s (they could go a bit if you got a good 'un and really wound it up), Enterprises, even the odd Flying Fifteen and an occasional Fireball. Just the other day I was out on a fine old gaffer with bonny tanned sails. But that does not make me a WAFI, OK! :lol:
Jordangbr

Post by Jordangbr »

Closet WAFI...
Bangers!