Bye Law Amendment for K7

malcolm uk

Re: Bye Law Amendment for K7

Post by malcolm uk »

The BBP choice was to go for the bye law change, rather than attempt to influence the RYA & UIM that there were sound reasons for creating a National or International record category for 40 year old jet hydroplanes.

My guess is that the RYA would have to protect themselves in this modern era. So they would seek all craft to meet modern safety standards, if there was to be a National Record attempt, under existing bye law six, on Coniston Water.

My view is that we are taking the best route for "Bluebird K7, WWSR Outright Record Holder - retired".

Malcolm

(Just incase forum members do not know, I have been called "Sir Malcolm" or "Sir Pittwood" for many years. I was Chairman of the Speed Record Club in the mid to late nineties and organised vents and events in and around Coniaton (and LSR attempts for Bluebird Electric with Don Wales) so was linked through my first name to Donald's father).
Malcolm Pittwood
The Bluebird Project
Operations
KW Mitchell

Post by KW Mitchell »

Filled-in the form. Have also posted a request on our Large Model Association Forum for members (1000) to do likewise.

There is a large affinity to this subject by aviation-minded people - just needs tapping ---------------!
jonwrightk7

Post by jonwrightk7 »

hi all have now filled in the on-line questionnaire and have printed of hard copies to pass around friends family and like minded people "heres to the Donald!" jon :D
The world is full of Kings and Queens; who blind your eyes, then steal your dreams..
Drewski

Post by Drewski »

hi

I've sent an e-mail to around 70 friends from the UK who i know will complete the survey.

They will also pass the e-mail on, so the true number should be around 200 people !!!

If we all done something similar then the word of mouth approach will become contagious and we could end up having an overwhelming amount of completed surveys that i hope will assist in having Bluebird make the biggest comeback ever !!!
Many Miles away, there's a shadow on a door, of a cottage on the Shore, of a Dark Scottish Lake.....
malcolm uk

Post by malcolm uk »

Much like pyramid selling it does not take too many levels of passing the 'message' before all who will be positive to the proposal will be contacted. Well done to all who are spreading the details. We will need to have as many supporters by March 31st. as we can muster.

Someone has posted in the forum, or on the guestbook, that with a bit of computing knowledge the same computer can be used for completing mutiple questionnaires. The LDNPA have noted this posting (it will be deleted soon I hope) and have methods of 'weeding out' the duplications from the same PC.

PLEASE DO NOT DO THIS as our case may be diluted if 'EVIDENCE' is gathered by LDNPA that it is a widespread practice.

Malcolm
Malcolm Pittwood
The Bluebird Project
Operations
tas

Post by tas »

malcolm uk wrote:Much like pyramid selling it does not take too many levels of passing the 'message' before all who will be positive to the proposal will be contacted. Well done to all who are spreading the details. We will need to have as many supporters by March 31st. as we can muster.

Someone has posted in the forum, or on the guestbook, that with a bit of computing knowledge the same computer can be used for completing mutiple questionnaires. The LDNPA have noted this posting (it will be deleted soon I hope) and have methods of 'weeding out' the duplications from the same PC.
PLEASE DO NOT DO THIS as our case may be diluted if 'EVIDENCE' is gathered by LDNPA that it is a widespread practice.

Malcolm
Guilty, I hold my hands up.
Sorry bout that, glad to see the post deleted.

And no worries about a mass of duplicate entries on LDNPA site on my behalf, I only did a couple as I thought it might look a bit dodgy with loads from the same IP address.
"He who goes to bed with an itchy bum, wakes up with a smelly finger"
malcolm uk

Post by malcolm uk »

The LDNPA have appreciated the way we have dealt with this matter. Thanks for the honesty too.

Now we know they are 'looking in' we must praise the LDNPA publicly for going to consultation on the bye law rather than standing back from the subject in the first place and leaving them alone.

If you have time their website has the minutes and details of the committee meetings.

Malcolm
Malcolm Pittwood
The Bluebird Project
Operations
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

We were a little slow getting onto this because our chief moderator was moving house at the time but it's my understanding that the post has now been removed. Thanks for being so honest and up front everyone and let's face it, we don't want to cheat. We either achieve our goal fair and square or accept that people don't want us to run on Coniston Water. Whatever the outcome at least no one can say we haven't given it our best throw...
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
tas

Post by tas »

Its funny that in this age where governments, banks, hlf etc all act in underhand ways it doesn't exactly inspire the average person to play fair, hence my idea - but no more arfur daley / del boy suggestions from me!

I have to applaud the spirit of bluebird project, seeing as K7 came from an era when people tended to play fair a bit more I think it's entirely appropriate that the team are doing the same.

And I feel I should also say that if the vote did go the wrong way it really would be a huge loss for Coniston and therefore depriving the people that should benefit the most. K7 is going to live there, to force her to leave Coniston in order to run would mean the village is robbed of the best bit of its biggest legend.
"He who goes to bed with an itchy bum, wakes up with a smelly finger"
huszarail

Post by huszarail »

I've completed my consultation questionaire and also taken the liberty of adding the link and the relevant portion of Bills diary to the National street rod Association forum pages. Gearheads and speed freeks need to stick together and support each other.
See you all on the beach come the glorious day (week).

Mark.
I'm only a man from Del Monte..........