Mike Bull

Re: Bye Law Amendment for K7

Post by Mike Bull » Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:15 pm

Three cheers for our Sir Malcolm! :D

sheppane

Post by sheppane » Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:34 pm

73DABF8B309260156CEEDA8C8011E9.jpg
K7 in 1966.... A scene to be repeated in 2010... with a little bit of luck!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
'When you go down into the arena, you know that sometimes, you're likely to get your nose punched. You do it with your eyes open. You take the risks'

Donald Campbell, Bluebird and The Final Record Attempt. https://www.facebook.com/bluebirdk7/

tas

Post by tas » Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:56 am

Could the bye law be got round by inventing a water speed record with a 'clause' - say 'the world waterspeed record for 40+ year old craft'?
"He who goes to bed with an itchy bum, wakes up with a smelly finger"

malcolm uk

Post by malcolm uk » Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:45 am

The BBP choice was to go for the bye law change, rather than attempt to influence the RYA & UIM that there were sound reasons for creating a National or International record category for 40 year old jet hydroplanes.

My guess is that the RYA would have to protect themselves in this modern era. So they would seek all craft to meet modern safety standards, if there was to be a National Record attempt, under existing bye law six, on Coniston Water.

My view is that we are taking the best route for "Bluebird K7, WWSR Outright Record Holder - retired".

Malcolm

(Just incase forum members do not know, I have been called "Sir Malcolm" or "Sir Pittwood" for many years. I was Chairman of the Speed Record Club in the mid to late nineties and organised vents and events in and around Coniaton (and LSR attempts for Bluebird Electric with Don Wales) so was linked through my first name to Donald's father).
Malcolm Pittwood
The Bluebird Project
Operations

KW Mitchell

Post by KW Mitchell » Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:43 pm

Filled-in the form. Have also posted a request on our Large Model Association Forum for members (1000) to do likewise.

There is a large affinity to this subject by aviation-minded people - just needs tapping ---------------!

Mike Bull

Post by Mike Bull » Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:11 pm

KW Mitchell wrote:There is a large affinity to this subject by aviation-minded people - just needs tapping ---------------!
Absolutely- and have certainly been doing my bit to tap it! ;)

jonwrightk7

Post by jonwrightk7 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:25 pm

hi all have now filled in the on-line questionnaire and have printed of hard copies to pass around friends family and like minded people "heres to the Donald!" jon :D
The world is full of Kings and Queens; who blind your eyes, then steal your dreams..

Drewski

Post by Drewski » Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:16 pm

hi

I've sent an e-mail to around 70 friends from the UK who i know will complete the survey.

They will also pass the e-mail on, so the true number should be around 200 people !!!

If we all done something similar then the word of mouth approach will become contagious and we could end up having an overwhelming amount of completed surveys that i hope will assist in having Bluebird make the biggest comeback ever !!!
Many Miles away, there's a shadow on a door, of a cottage on the Shore, of a Dark Scottish Lake.....

malcolm uk

Post by malcolm uk » Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:47 am

Much like pyramid selling it does not take too many levels of passing the 'message' before all who will be positive to the proposal will be contacted. Well done to all who are spreading the details. We will need to have as many supporters by March 31st. as we can muster.

Someone has posted in the forum, or on the guestbook, that with a bit of computing knowledge the same computer can be used for completing mutiple questionnaires. The LDNPA have noted this posting (it will be deleted soon I hope) and have methods of 'weeding out' the duplications from the same PC.

PLEASE DO NOT DO THIS as our case may be diluted if 'EVIDENCE' is gathered by LDNPA that it is a widespread practice.

Malcolm
Malcolm Pittwood
The Bluebird Project
Operations

tas

Post by tas » Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:48 pm

malcolm uk wrote:Much like pyramid selling it does not take too many levels of passing the 'message' before all who will be positive to the proposal will be contacted. Well done to all who are spreading the details. We will need to have as many supporters by March 31st. as we can muster.

Someone has posted in the forum, or on the guestbook, that with a bit of computing knowledge the same computer can be used for completing mutiple questionnaires. The LDNPA have noted this posting (it will be deleted soon I hope) and have methods of 'weeding out' the duplications from the same PC.
PLEASE DO NOT DO THIS as our case may be diluted if 'EVIDENCE' is gathered by LDNPA that it is a widespread practice.

Malcolm
Guilty, I hold my hands up.
Sorry bout that, glad to see the post deleted.

And no worries about a mass of duplicate entries on LDNPA site on my behalf, I only did a couple as I thought it might look a bit dodgy with loads from the same IP address.
"He who goes to bed with an itchy bum, wakes up with a smelly finger"