Across The Lake

Graham Milne

Re: Across The Lake

Post by Graham Milne »

:ugeek:

PSSSST......Anyone looking for some rare footage of some 1920's motorcycles and some Marillion CD's??..............

I know I know.....I couldn't help myself......
Looks like one of those new 'Japanese' sportscars..............
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

Strangely enough I was in Coniston today with Steve H from Marillion and I asked how badly affected they'd been as a band by the Internet piracy thing. The answer brought a wry smile. It seems that the artists are paid bugger-all to begin with by the labels so they get the same wages while the labels' profits get hit by the pirates. There seems to be a shred of justice about that if only I could put my finger on it...
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
Graham Milne

Post by Graham Milne »

What's the odds that the film will suddenly become available by the licence holders in the next year or so?.........Probably round about the same time as Bluebird is completed and in the headlines?.......

Watch this space...

Was in Australia last year, and came across a genuine released VHS copy of ATL in a video collectors store, still in the wrapping clingfilm. Maybe it wasn't released here, but it was in other countries.
Looks like one of those new 'Japanese' sportscars..............
klingon

Post by klingon »

Yeah it was-Oz only- due to their different laws etc-thats basically what all the bootleg copies are made from-but an Australian Dvd can't legally be sold on the UK market because of the different licensing agreement.So far still wading through all the mire of copyrights attempting to contact the legitimate licensee-for all the hoo haa made about "pirate" dvd's one would think that it would be a fairly easy matter-try again!-problem is mostly when a film is being made,a company is registered for that film only, then liquidated at the end of the film-normally the copyright is by the Director and also the Producer-but not in this case seemingly-theres a dispute somewhere along the line leading to the film being "pulled" from distribution and Dvd sell through-certain parties seemingly have "tried their luck" just selling copies,but God help them if the true copright holder appears-the'll get sued back to the stone age and possibly end up eating porrige for quite a while!
Which is why the Project treats this subject like juggling plutonium rods-leave well alone!-theres enough protected copyright on Bluebird K7 just now without asking for trouble from other sources-So the Projects position stands--we don't know where to obtain a copy and can't say anyway. :)
"I hate two faced people-don't know which face to punch first!"
sheppane

Post by sheppane »

Regarding the DC 7 number plate question, here is a pic of a Rover P5 3 litre wearing said number plate in July 1962 as it follows CN7 round Goodwood race circuit in West Sussex.
DC 7.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
'When you go down into the arena, you know that sometimes, you're likely to get your nose punched. You do it with your eyes open. You take the risks'

Donald Campbell, Bluebird and The Final Record Attempt. https://www.facebook.com/bluebirdk7/
klingon

Post by klingon »

Yeah-I'm preparing my Vandenplas 4 litre R for next year by removing the writing desks and cocktail cabinets-should bring my top speed up to nearly 104mph! :D
sheppane

Post by sheppane »

Look's like Leo, driving the Rover, has left the door wide open... Think that Ken Norris in the Ford Consul is going to monster him down the inside into the next corner... guess the Rover' Dunlop's must have been going off... Meanwhile, DMC in CN7, by dint of a better power to weight ratio, heads off into the distance , and should keep the lead over the Ford... :D
'When you go down into the arena, you know that sometimes, you're likely to get your nose punched. You do it with your eyes open. You take the risks'

Donald Campbell, Bluebird and The Final Record Attempt. https://www.facebook.com/bluebirdk7/
rob565uk

Post by rob565uk »

klingon wrote:Yeah-I'm preparing my Vandenplas 4 litre R for next year by removing the writing desks and cocktail cabinets-should bring my top speed up to nearly 104mph! :D
Now there is a great blast from the past :) - I had the use of a 4 litre R for about a month back in the 1970s and have very fond memories of it (maybe through rose-tinted spectacles). A very British car, not without its faults but definitely full of character. I got fed up of explaining that it was not just an Austin Cambridge with a few extras.....

1 in 10 people understands binary. The other one doesn't
klingon

Post by klingon »

Had mine for over 30 years!-bought it at an auction with absolutely no brakes for £15!-with 16000 miles on it!--wonderful old car if you happen to have Esso as a second name-7mpg is good!-based on a Westminster floorpan but ALL body panels are different-and were handmade by VP so no 2 are the same-sounds like K7!-nice old bus for a jaunt on a sunny sunday but again has the fuel consumption of a Lockheed Blackbird!-she's a bit like an old Labrador-no use any more but nice to keep around :)
Andrew453

Post by Andrew453 »

Came across this by chance the other day. If you were settling down to a Sunday night's telly on 3 September 1988, on BBC1 you got Howard's Way, then Bread followed by ATL. Earlier, on ITV, you had 3-2-1 and Highway.
See the programme blurb trots out the line about suggestions that DMC's death might have been down to '...suicide brought on by marital and money pressures.' Still, that's telly for you.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.