Across The Lake

Mike Bull

Re: Across The Lake

Post by Mike Bull » Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:52 pm

Just for Richie, available from any petrol station shop, £1.99-
Thunder Lake1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Richie

Post by Richie » Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:55 pm

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA woah if the movie is anything near as good as the dvd cover...its sure to be a spectacular affair.
Clarence come out ov zat tank at vonz !

Dominic Owen

Post by Dominic Owen » Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:09 pm

Mike Bull wrote:...but who would want to negotiate the royalties with Sir Anthony?!
Simple answer: ME ME ME ME ME!! :D (as long as it was him though, and not some snotty lawyer acting on his behalf)

He's been up at the top of my "would love to meet" list for donkeys years and any excuse would do me fine.
One by one, the penguins are stealing my sanity...

mtskull

Post by mtskull » Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:59 am

ace_chris wrote:Shame that more cant be done to stop matey flogging his copies online
There is plenty that could be done but why would you want to? Ultimately, short of a complaint to trading standards or whatever it would require action by the copyright holders, who manifestly either can't be bothered or don't even know that they hold the copyright.
Let me be clear here: I would far rather pay the going rate for a bona fide DVD of ATL but rather than never watch the film ever again, I'll settle for an unauthorised copy.
OK, technically this is theft but then so is removing a telly from a skip after someone who doesn't want it has thrown it out. Where's the harm?
Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goals.

klingon

Post by klingon » Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:59 pm

Went down this road a couple of years ago with ATL trying to find out what was the score about copyright on the movie-run into a big pile of doo doo as there is an ongoing dispute about it-The Beeb don't own it,the director who seems to have intellectual copyright don't seem to own it either,and the bod selling the pirate copies DEFINITELY don't own it!-and it seems that to actually stop him selling them,the FACT folks have to act on behalf of the copyright holder-catch 22- the original production company basically doesn't exist anymore either-got very confused trying to find out and gave up! :?
"I hate two faced people-don't know which face to punch first!"

Mike Bull

Post by Mike Bull » Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:14 pm

Can it actually be that NO ONE owns it, and therefore, anyone can sell it?

The original 'Night Of The Living Dead' ended up something like this- director George A. Romero and his associates ended up without the rights to their own film, and anyone who pleases can sell the film- and have done so.

If this is the case, perhaps the BBP should do a bells and whistles super-duper version of it's own with a few extra features etc and sell it too- at least the money would go to a better cause than some opportunist pirate's pocket! :roll:

Richie

Post by Richie » Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:03 pm

here here....
Clarence come out ov zat tank at vonz !

ace_chris

Post by ace_chris » Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:25 pm

Speaking of copyright, the bloke selling this pic of k7 post recovery got a nerve, eBay item no 270889259905

Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo » Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:35 pm

If it's his own pic then it's his copyright so I s'pose that's above board. It's not one of ours. I'm looking forward to putting that badge back on though.
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes

Voltaire's apology when he wrote a long letter: "I didn't have time to make it shorter."

paul63mod

Post by paul63mod » Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:09 pm

i recorded across the Lake on VHS when it was first screened on BBC and the tape got chewed as i watched it so much! i am guilty of buying a pirate copy on dvd and have watched it many times too , and i personally think Anthony Hopkins portrayal is superb! can i also add, if it is ever released officially i will buy a copy without doubt! :D