Across The Lake

klingon

Re: Across The Lake

Post by klingon » Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:30 pm

f1steveuk wrote:Tony Maylam was pretty certain he still has copyright, although the National Film Archive are quite certain they do, good luck trying to find out the definitive answer on that, but if you do, I'll let you tell Tony!
National film archive have definitely stated they Don't hold copyright-Science Museum dont either-Possibly Tony Maylam is the copyright holder due to being the Director and artistic licensee-Challenger I'm still chasing around-the company seem to have gone through a lot of different owners and don't have a clue about the movie-chasing other alternatives including finding out who actually gets the royalties for it which is a bit hypothetical as due to the copyright debacle it can't be shown on mainstream tv!-the plot sickens-
"I hate two faced people-don't know which face to punch first!"

terrybakeruk

Across The Lake

Post by terrybakeruk » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:46 pm

Does anyone know if the brilliant ' Across The Lake ' will be released on Blue Ray ?

terrybakeruk

Post by terrybakeruk » Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:08 am

Thanks Mike, I didn't see the previous thread - but getting to grips with it now - crimes I thought there was something wrong with me! But there seems to be quite a few of us Bluebird enthusiasts ! Nice to see - and hello all !

Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo » Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:46 am

crimes I thought there was something wrong with me! But there seems to be quite a few of us Bluebird enthusiasts ! Nice to see - and hello all !
You were right the first time, there's something wrong with all of us, but welcome anyway.
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'Sometimes you gotta be an S.O.B if you wanna make a dream reality' Mark Knopfler

polo

Post by polo » Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:22 pm

I posted a reply on this part of the forum and it appears to have 'disappeared'

We are already aware of the boxset you mentioned, and as already stated on this thread, we don't allow links to copies of ATL etc. -Mike

polo

Post by polo » Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:39 pm

cheers Mike, I just wanted to make sure you got the info for obvious reasons. I have seen other copies of this boxset on the net recently.

klingon

Post by klingon » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:44 pm

Just got a mail from Tony Maylam-stating "Across The Lake" has NEVER been released on either VHS or DVD and ALL copies of the movie are illegal-therefore the Project CANNOT aid or abet anyone to obtain one-so there!

Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:07 am

Just got a mail from Tony Maylam-stating "Across The Lake" has NEVER been released on either VHS or DVD and ALL copies of the movie are illegal-therefore the Project CANNOT aid or abet anyone to obtain one-so there!
That's why we don't.

Intellectual property theft is a pet hate of mine - just ask the guys what I think of downloading music and such without paying the artist. I've made my living designing new and innovative products only to have some brain-dead loser take one look at the finished job and decide he can make a few quid by copying it. Then come the lawyers...
I take a similarly dim view of those who now milk something from renewed interest in DMC and K7 by feeding from our bowl whilst putting nothing back. At least offer a contribution to the project that upped the value of what you're trying to flog on ebay or wherever.
The boys in Marillion have suffered the same way. Spend a year in an expensive studio writing and polishing an album then five minutes later it's all over the web and everyone has it without paying a penny. At least the tide seems to be turning for the music industry nowadays.
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'Sometimes you gotta be an S.O.B if you wanna make a dream reality' Mark Knopfler

Mentallica

Post by Mentallica » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:47 am

Slightly different point of view on this one.

If ATL has never been avalible on VHS or DVD but people really want to watch it, I personally don't see a problem in sharing this footage. Its not hurting anyone and not damaging anyones profits. Fair enough it may be "technically" illegal because of copyrights, but then we can't find out who actually owns the rights to it, and probably won't ever.

Assuming the BBP team don't want to get bogged down with (further?!) legal issuse as they have a boat to complete, adn can't be seen to support filesharing/bootlegging, but for the average joe public who has interest in BB I really don't see the issue.

Come accross a similar issue with the events company I do a bit of work for. People constantly asking for the old events footage to be released on DVD. Legally its just not possible, as the origonals wern't exactly legal due to soundtrack copyrights, neither is the actual footage as people didn't consent to being filmed at the time. (the company does not own the masters but owns the rights to the name and its use) However that doesn't stop some young 'un ripping the footage from VHS to DVD then punting the disks on ebay. Its a constant battle to report & remove these items, but it doesn't stop them doing it. Technically its not hurting the company, its more an inconvience and could be viewed as bad publicity or just bad quality rips. See both sides of the fence on this one, thing is there will always be a market for "rare" stuff whether it be films like ATL or some footage of 1920's motorcycles

klingon

Post by klingon » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:46 pm

Legally the Project would be guilty of aiding and abetting video piracy by advising anyone where to purchase a copy-therefore as mentioned before-we don't-personal views are personal views,but afraid ,for the good of the Project and to stop us being sued mindless instead of building the big tin boat-that's the standpoint-Simples! :)