Bluebird Project You Tube Channel & Vimeo

alslad

Re: Bluebird Project You Tube Channel

Post by alslad »

Renegadenemo wrote:A quick note about donations... naturally we gratefully receive any donations and stick rigidly to our promise that all the money goes into the boat.
And then we also like to write to all our donors on a nice crisp sheet of BBP headed paper thanking them in person whether they give us 10p or 10 quid.
Unfortunately, what all too often happens is that PayPal has no postal address listed so we can't write and I imagine that feels like sending a donation and feeling like it's been snaffled and no one cares two hoots. There's often an email address there so we can mail asking for a postal address but that's a hitty-missy way to be going on too.

So, if you're kind enough to buy us a few rivets please mail or PM us with your postal address so we can thank you properly.
Ahhh that explains things..

I had a wee rant a few weeks back on the forum (probably labelled a typeII for it at the time!) when I took exception to a comment Mike made about 'hangers on' coming out of the woodwork when the old girl has a day out to wet her bum. This was part fuelled by single malt, but also by the fact I had made a couple of donations via PayPal and got no acknowledgement bar the automated email confirming payment.

Stuck this month due to a heavy MOT bill and a landmark birthday for my two youngest (twins), but will shove what I can spare your way next month..

Darren
Treat life's problems like your dog would... if you can't eat it or sh*g it, just pee on it and walk away
mtskull

Post by mtskull »

Renegadenemo wrote: we also like to write to all our donors on a nice crisp sheet of BBP headed paper thanking them in person whether they give us 10p or 10 quid.
Don't worry about that, save the price of the stamp and buy another rivet. Just be kind when I come knocking on the door volunteering to sweep the floor and make the tea..... ;)
Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goals.
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

I had made a couple of donations via PayPal and got no acknowledgement bar the automated email confirming payment.
That's exactly what I was fearing. It only came to light recently when I knew a donation had been made and was waiting for the accompanying letter to come across my desk. When I finally asked where it was I was told that there was no postal address listed with Paypal and that this had happened before. PM me with your postal address and we'll sort it out.
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
alslad

Post by alslad »

Don't worry about it Bill, as MTSKull said, it would be better to use the money on the boat than a stamp - especially as they are going up in price!

Darren
Treat life's problems like your dog would... if you can't eat it or sh*g it, just pee on it and walk away
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

Very kind of you...

I've just been ordering the rivets for the inlet tracts. They're a double skin and we're building them with Cherry-Max rivets as specified by MIKE.

The smallest quantity cost £3.30 each plus VAT and MIKE only wanted 50 of those. MIKE also asked for 650 of a slightly different type and so on and so forth.

alslad

Post by alslad »

Mike Bull wrote:'Mike' is in Belfast right now howling with laughter!
Let me guess - 'Titanic Belfast'?

You know those rivets might be a bit big don't you Mike..
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

Damn. Had gotten a good deal on three million of them, too.
It was probably cheaper then the ones I just bought!

Richie

Post by Richie »

those rivets are no good in cold water Mike....
"You can screw a man down until he takes to drinking......take me to the fantastic place..."
klingon

Post by klingon »

Sides-your in the wrong place-most of them were made in Scotland!-whoops! :oops:
"I hate two faced people-don't know which face to punch first!"
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

Anyone else excited that there are sponsons in-build?
They're a big job - a pair of 13ft canoes made of stuff you can't get anymore - but the important thing is we now have time to work on them so what does that say about the rest of the build?