Bye Law Consultation II - until 28/03

malcolm uk

Bye Law Consultation II - until 28/03

Post by malcolm uk »

Please go to the LDNPA website and take part in the latest bye law consultation now being held. This is the drafted wording for the bye law to allow a proving trial on the lake with Bluebird K7 running above 10 mph.

You have until the 28th March.

Malcolm
Malcolm Pittwood
The Bluebird Project
Operations
polo

Re: Bye Law Consultation II - until 28/03

Post by polo »

I have circulated to over 40 people. I am getting returns off them having completed in favour and they are passing on to friends..come on you lot do the same..and I'm the one who was against raising BB!!
call handler

Post by call handler »

have done the necessary to support the trial - but I thought max speed was 100 mph - the application says 80 mph - is this a compromise???
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

but I thought max speed was 100 mph - the application says 80 mph - is this a compromise???
80mph is the max placed on development runs. There's no maximum on proving runs but if she looks great at 100mph that'll do nicely, thank you.
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
STINGRAY

Post by STINGRAY »

LETS GO FOR THE 100 AND GET ON WITH IT- ALL WE NEED NOW IS THE DATE OF THE RUN. :?:--STINGRAY KENT
malcolm uk

Post by malcolm uk »

The guys in North Shields are proceeding with all haste in the restoration but this is a complex conservation project if much of the original material is to be included.

There is no need to SHOUT Stngray of Kent at any of us to GET ON WITH IT.

Even if the boat was completed and fully land tested by Monday next (22nd) we could not run on the lake as we do not have the changed bye laws that will allow it.

Apart from a few remaining members of the build team being left after all these years and Robbie, I would suggest no one has a 'handle' on how this boat performs. So there will be the need for many development runs for all of the BBP Operating Team. Instead of dictating how many runs the LDNPA have set a 'speed limit' as we build up in experience. Unlike testing a road car for the first time, there will be no 'blast to 100 mph' on the opening days of the proving trials.

Assuming the bye laws are re-written and accepted by DEFRA, if you are planning to visit the lake district when the proving trials period starts then do not expect to see any proving runs at an early stage. Patience will be required then as much as it is now because the completion of the restoration has to take place before any date(s) can be chosen.

Malcolm
Malcolm Pittwood
The Bluebird Project
Operations
malcolm uk

Post by malcolm uk »

Look again Mike - the latest consultation has one month to run - 28th March. I know its as long as the run up to the next general election but this allows everyone time to compose a multi page statement of views.

Malcolm
Malcolm Pittwood
The Bluebird Project
Operations
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

Look again Mike - the latest consultation has one month to run - 28th March. I know its as long as the run up to the next general election but this allows everyone time to compose a multi page statement of views.
I have an awful feeling that the bureaucrats are going to blow this and blame everyone but themselves when K7 is launched on the Tyne...
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
corrine

Post by corrine »

hi i am new to his site, but the cambell story has always intrieged me
especialy now as my wife and i have for thefirst time visited conniston
and the grave of a very brave man,and we believe we owe it to not only
the campbell family but to the people of britain, to do all we can to triel
this boat to its potential, also to the team who retrieved it to the team
who have spent all thier time rebuilding it surely the buracrates should not
be allowed to stand in the way, hope i dont upset any one but it was a very
poinent moment for me standing by the side of conniston and remembeing
the tragic moment on tv well done to all involved mac :?:
malcolm uk

Post by malcolm uk »

Two days to go before the informal consultation ends. Make sure everyone you know has commented to the on line questionnaire (its probably too late to post anything in time).

Next up will be formal consultation. Then, if all is accepted by LDNPA the bye laws go to Government. Ratification by DEFRA may occur, but they too have there own period for public comment. At this point there could be a referral to some form of adjudication or even the demand for a public enquiry.

The hope is that the bye law change will be accepted without the need for either of these last two stages.
Malcolm Pittwood
The Bluebird Project
Operations