Bluebird Calendar

mick

Bluebird Calendar

Post by mick »

Any one interested in a Calendar of Bluebird? I have just started a new venure producing calendars of historic cars, website should be live this week. I can also produce magazines, rulers, cards, and posters etc. all on a small or large scale, from 1 to 1000's. If anyone has photos that they have copyright to and feel they may be of interest, then lets see them.
Renegadenemo

Re: Bluebird Calendar

Post by Renegadenemo »

One of our sponsors, NB Group produced a beautiful calendar for us in 07 featuring previously unseen photographs very professionally shot on the morning of the lift by Marillion's Steve Rothery. It was a rtop-notch piece of work but unfortunately it didn't sell well.
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
ace_chris

Post by ace_chris »

Mike Bull wrote:Funnily enough, a supplier gave us a calendar for the workshop yesterday.

I've already baggsed Miss April!

Personally speaking I've always thought there was scope for sales of smaller items of BBP merchandise such as key rings and pens, BUT, the initial outlay on getting hundreds of units made up has always made the idea a non-starter.
I too think there could be scope for a whole bunch of merchandise. Could there be copyright issues concerning the reproduction of any of the bluebird craft? Does the estate of Ken Norriss own said copyrights? I remember reading in 'Bluebirds - The story of the Campbell dynasty' how Gina had planned on releasing a range of bluebird related clothing. I guess with any business venture you have to stump up some dollops of cash to get it off the ground, having done the same recently.

Chris
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

The 3D embodiment of K7's shape belongs to Norris Bros in the way that a painting or sculpture might but the problem with merchandise as we stand at present is the outlay. Our clothing is embroidered to order and the prints are printed to order. Our DVDs are already burned but we got such a cracking deal that they were worth getting done at once. The lads were on about a pen and a keyring the other day but with min order levels it means we'd have a bout 1K out there that we can ill afford waiting for five hundred punters to help us turn it into 1.5K. There's simply better ways to generate funding.

Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

They'll normally only do that if they can add their advertising to it - much as NB did with the calendar - not such an easy task on a pen or a keyring especially if it's supposed to be a BBP item and we want to charge good money for it.

Mentallica

Post by Mentallica »

Not sure if this is any use to you (and sorry for the thread hijack)

Previously I have used http://www.quickbadge.co.uk for badges and keyrings etc. Our orders have never been over 500 of 1 style of unit but I have ordered in excess of 2000 units in one month. Their service is always fast and reliable and we will be using them later this year (event promotion) most importantly they are fairly cheep and from UK
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

The rucksak is brilliant. It's not too expensive to buy and it looks and feels great with the logo embroidered on it so we can ask a fair price for a quality item and everyone wins. We can also have them made ot order so there's no stock lying about and therefore better cashflow. It may come as a surprise to learn that on average the BBP operates with about 5k in the bank. We could be out there manning our stand at this airshow or that car gathering and boost our coffers substantially but to what end? We don't need much cash, what we need is time on the tools to build a boat.

mick

Post by mick »

Mike Bull wrote:Same problem- it's the outlay, which is better spent on rivets etc.
With my setup there is NO outlay. I can print and ship once ordered so nothing is produced until the funds are recieved!
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

We can work with that - keep talking.

ace_chris

Post by ace_chris »

I like the idea of The Bloodhound SSC project whereby for a small donation you can have your name displayed on the tail fin, and you get a certificate etc. Is there a similar type of concept that could be worked into the K7 reconstruction, although I fully appreciate a tail-fin with squiggles on it was not how she ran on the morning of Jan 4th 1967.

Failing that, how about a sponsored curry much session of the BBP team? My money is on Bill! :lol:

Chris