Pic of the Day

Andrew453

Re: Pic of the Day

Post by Andrew453 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:40 am

Stick a plumber's poo-plunger on the side and you're there.
'Exterminate, exterminate, I will exterminate...' cue scary music, roll credits.

malcolm uk

Post by malcolm uk » Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:46 pm

Many thanks to the team in the workshop last Saturday for their welcome and a few mugs of tea. My once yearly visit captured on camera. Keep up the excellent work - maybe I will not have to come back to the workshop in 51 weeks time. :)
Malcolm Pittwood
The Bluebird Project
Operations

Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo » Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:05 am

As a small addition to the pic of the day. All three gauges suffered water ingress and were frozen at their last readings but all have brass internals and that can spend a hundred years under water and come out like new, which is why they were salvageable. You can probably guess who mended them.
The LP fuel gauge was the most noteworthy in that we heated the fitting to get it loose and it sprayed genuine 1966 Avtur all over the place. It's amazing what's still trapped in the nooks and crannies of this machine.
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'Sometimes you gotta be an S.O.B if you wanna make a dream reality' Mark Knopfler

Terminator

Post by Terminator » Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:46 pm

"Re Clever or what."

Bloody brilliant in my book old boy. They look the muts nuts :)
Novie
Chuffed to Bits.
"Never ride faster than your Angel can fly"

rob565uk

Post by rob565uk » Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:22 pm

I second that!

Barry is simply brilliant and deserves the highest praise. He seems to be the person for whom the following was coined:

The impossible he does straight away
Miracles take a little longer!

;)

1 in 10 people understands binary. The other one doesn't

Richie

Post by Richie » Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:37 pm

if you look up the work Engineer in the dictionary it will describe it "Engineer".... a fantastic chap named Barry who seems to have the ability to create anything one desires
Clarence come out ov zat tank at vonz !

jonwrightk7

Post by jonwrightk7 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:58 pm

just amazing !!!!! :D
The world is full of Kings and Queens; who blind your eyes, then steal your dreams..

thunderer

Post by thunderer » Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:25 pm

Mike Bull wrote:There'll be something very tasty indeed in the next POTD, too! :D
Don't tell me, it'll be a pic of a "bacon sarrny" hehe :)

Sorry, just couldn't resist when I saw the words "very tasty".....
Just cos my username is Thunderer, doesn't necessarily mean I SHOUT !!
"A vehicle is designed to be used, restored or otherwise" A personal response on the question "you have just restored it, why use it?"

Stuart Baker

Post by Stuart Baker » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:27 pm

Mike Bull wrote:Barry's abilities seem to know no bounds and we are incredibly privileged to have him on the team, (which is how I regard him at least) albeit in his own unique way. Today's POTD of the reproduction and original Bloctube boxes illustrates just that.
Photo of the day just cannot do justice to this masterpiece of creation. The whole point of this piece of hardware is what the mechanism "feels" like. It clearly looks the part, but having been privileged to have moved the lever back and forth, I feel that this would be an experience which could be sold to fund the remainder of the costs of the restoration. And for those who are wondering where their donations go, I am reliably informed that the costs amount to 250 T bags per week, 6 pints of milk and a lorry load of choccie biscuits...

S

Stuart Baker

Post by Stuart Baker » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:54 pm

Mike Bull wrote:Beat you to it on that idea Stuart, though unfortunately our advert for 'A Pound A Go On Barry's Knob' didn't get the kind of replies we were hoping for! :lol:
Ah - playground smut. I should have predicted that. Now if you put it alongside the original fuel metering valve from the fuel control unit and offered people the opportunity to test the "honeymoon fit" of the piston in its sleeve, I'm sure you could be tittering all the way to the tuck shop...