Pic of the Day

Renegadenemo

Re: Pic of the day 19/6/09

Post by Renegadenemo »

It read,

K7 as she usually is - sitting in semi-darkness but gradually taking shape again. We put in as many hours as we can but as the project is volunteer led it's never as many as we'd like.

There you go...
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'Sometimes you gotta be an S.O.B if you wanna make a dream reality' Mark Knopfler
lsrdatabase

Post by lsrdatabase »

Thanks a lot Bill, it would have been a shame to muck up such a record of great snaps. Please keep them coming.

Regards, a gratefull Fred.
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

Fred, thanks for archiving the POTD images. They leave me as an email to Mike who uploads them for a day and then they're gone. I have the photos, obviously, but the text is a throwaway item so your archive is the only one (so far as I'm aware) that exists. Keep up the good work...

'Sometimes you gotta be an S.O.B if you wanna make a dream reality' Mark Knopfler
klingon

Post by klingon »

As for the engine, it's an early MK701, serial number 711.[/quote]
Bill-do you have the numbers of the "new" engine to be fitted-either the DeHavilland one from G-Naty or the other unit obtained?-As far as I can ascertain engine number 711 is a BOR2 type-and probably the last one of its kind as that marque was a low production figure-mebbe only about 12 units to that configuration-G-naty's is a later edition (1963 as far as I can make out) and in standard trim has a bit more grunt than the earlier units-although the engine in K7 seemingly had a bit of work done as well to increase the power output.
"I hate two faced people-don't know which face to punch first!"
klingon

Re: Pic of the Day

Post by klingon »

Funny- my missus gets perturbed when I put Lambretta engine bits in the dishwasher-must be a chick thing!
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

Be careful there - dishwasher salt turns aluminium an awful colour. Hereby speaks the voice of experience.

klingon

Post by klingon »

Dishwasher only a prerequisite to beadblasting cabinet in workshop-gets em nice and grease free and hot!-beadblast sorts the staining out no problem-then a burnish on the rotary mop and hey presto-brand new casings!-only problem is explaining the dead giant Indian spiders in the dishwasher--and I aint taking em out!
thunderer

Post by thunderer »

AMEN to the dishwasher trick, it does work well. Even on musical instruments. A sonic bath is sooo much easier to use though and you do not get the ear bashing form "er indoors" when they discover what your doing.
Just cos my username is Thunderer, doesn't necessarily mean I SHOUT !!
"A vehicle is designed to be used, restored or otherwise" A personal response on the question "you have just restored it, why use it?"
ace_chris

Last ever Bluebird Picture?

Post by ace_chris »

Ok, ive not copied it onto here so the copyright boys and girls cant complain. This picture is currently for sale on Ebay item no 130316886774

Looks like its never been seen before. Its dramatic, to say the least. Chris
jonwrightk7

Post by jonwrightk7 »

would that be the "upside down k7" shot? its certainly rather different
The world is full of Kings and Queens; who blind your eyes, then steal your dreams..