Pic of the Day

Dominic Owen

Re: Pic of the Day

Post by Dominic Owen »

Mike Bull wrote:I'd been pretty certain that it had to be associated with the left sponson top/fairings, as much from simple elimination as anything else- there really wasn't any where else left that it could have come from! Plus, the wide spacing of two torn through holes said to me that it was from up there too. But once safely photographed, it was great to unleash the tinSmith and see it unfold for the confirmation! :lol:
Would I be ruining anyone's fun if I were to hazard an educated guess as to the precise location and be correct?
One by one, the penguins are stealing my sanity...
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

Would I be ruining anyone's fun if I were to hazard an educated guess as to the precise location and be correct?
You could join the fun by surmising it's from the left-hand sponson top immediately below the front spar and is part of the closing plate for the cutout that allows the fairing to load over the spar - and be correct...
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
Dominic Owen

Post by Dominic Owen »

Renegadenemo wrote:
You could join the fun by surmising it's from the left-hand sponson top immediately below the front spar and is part of the closing plate for the cutout that allows the fairing to load over the spar - and be correct...
If I were to do that, I'd probably include that I'd drawn that conclusion from the line of captive fasteners, the fabric gasket and the direction in which the two large holes have been pulled. :D

With my unparalleled ability to put both size elevens in my mouth at the same time, I thought I'd better check before running the risk of ruining any "And it goes here..." moment. :lol:
One by one, the penguins are stealing my sanity...
polo

Post by polo »

Mike,
I have a horrible feeling a search for the missing nose bit will a waste of time, I heard rumours back in the late 1970's someone had 'recovered' it and was intent on obtaining other bits as well. I was hoping it was wrong and that Bill had it. Obviously as you are saying you do not have it then??? could the rumour be true.
Moonie

Post by Moonie »

Just trying to work out the current pic of the day and the above comment Mike.

Which side of K7 does the steering linkage run down? From you comment about turning the wheel and seeing things move and then looking at the picture it would appear the linkage is running down the right/starboard side? The rudder is on the left/port side? :?

Its been a long hard day and im sure I will look again to morrow an see things different :D
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

The steering actually runs down the left. A push-pull linkage operates from the steering box drop link to a horizontal pivot on the floor that reverses the action of the steering box then operates a long rod that passes through a series of bearings all the way to the rudder. Simple enough in principle but damn difficult to package in the space between the frame and the outer skin up at the pointy end.

Richie

Post by Richie »

It all runs down the port side of the boat...
"You can screw a man down until he takes to drinking......take me to the fantastic place..."
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

Come on Bullfrog! We're all sick of the sight of Sponsons!

jondavidvox

Post by jondavidvox »

Re: Pic of the Day.....

The precision and quality of this project is shining through once again, as the systems are replaced one by one....Awesome!

J-D
DFW/USA
Last edited by jondavidvox on Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

The precision and quality of this project is shining through once again,
I'm sure we mentioned that it's a Renault water pump we used - perhaps we weren't clear enough about that.

Joking aside, thanks for the encouragement, it's always appreciated.