Pic of the Day

ted.walsh

Re: Pic of the Day

Post by ted.walsh » Tue May 01, 2018 5:24 pm

hey, it wouldn't be me doing the sinking! i'm pressing the FIRE button and then im off! :? besides I don't recollect any extinguishers in the cockpit to point at the smokey bits...

Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo » Tue May 01, 2018 11:59 pm

I don't recollect any extinguishers in the cockpit to point at the smokey bits...
Anything that might get remotely smokey is about five stations behind you so if it gets hot where you're sitting you've not run away quickly enough!
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

I have wrought my simple plan
If I give one hour of joy
To the boy who’s half a man,
Or the man who’s half a boy.

Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.

Engine 711

Post by Engine 711 » Wed May 02, 2018 12:55 pm

Renegadenemo wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:19 pm
The later, light brown bottles use something different to the green ones but I'm pretty sure the green ones are filled with BCF. That's Mike distracting me again. The carbon-tet bottles were up inside the Vulcan, I think. Know we've seen them somewhere. Will have a proper look tomorrow.
The BCF Bottles I dealt with were a Matt Green colour, about 300mm high, say 120mm diameter. Mounted inverted. Made by Chubb, I think... not sure.

The next gen on were BTM and were Bright Green.... Like Kermit.
Since 4th January 1967..

Canopener Al

Post by Canopener Al » Wed May 02, 2018 6:58 pm

Seeing the pictures of legs sticking out of K7 reminds me of the rubbish I have had to do with the electrics of the Jaguar! More pain and suffering today due to broken wires.. :shock: :shock: :shock:

rich1608

Post by rich1608 » Sat May 05, 2018 5:56 pm

I have a couple of questions regarding today's POTD and the one on Wednesday. Firstly, is the new seat and harness a permanent installation or will Donald's original seat be going back after the proving trials? And secondly, seeing the unfinished tail fin in the background on Wednesday's POTD made me wonder if it will be fitted for the crew training on Bute in August? I guess it's not strictly necessary for low speed runs. Thanks.

Mike Bull

Post by Mike Bull » Sat May 05, 2018 6:14 pm

The copy of Donald's seat will be put in for museum display-the harness is already authentic. And yes, the fin will be on for Bute. (In fact, it went on this afternoon!)
'I am not what is called a "civilized man", Professor. I have done with society for reasons that seem good to me.'

Black Knight

Post by Black Knight » Sat May 05, 2018 9:03 pm

Seeing the harness reminds me of when i was at Popham aerojumble (which is on, on monday) afew years ago, there were 4 NOS sets of those harnesses,£25 each. Was going to buy them but had the finance manager bleating "What on earth do you want those for? Put them down & don't waist my money!!!" :(

Black Knight

Post by Black Knight » Sat May 05, 2018 9:05 pm

Did you get an original radio to fit?

Techteam

Post by Techteam » Sun May 06, 2018 6:40 am

On the subject of the harness, and in fear of been labelled some type of idiot, while I know its new and will be excellently maintained there have been a few instances of them failing to release in some powerboat incidents. While not expecting Ted to ruin all your hard work but perhaps one of the more foolproof lever type for testing and then those beauties for display?

Mike Bull

Post by Mike Bull » Sun May 06, 2018 8:01 am

I knew the harness would get people talking! Ours works beautifully, and that's it.
'I am not what is called a "civilized man", Professor. I have done with society for reasons that seem good to me.'