Pic of the Day

quicksilver-wsr

Re: Pic of the Day

Post by quicksilver-wsr » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:42 am

Terrific POTD today!

Somehow looks twice as good in the sunshine. The best shot yet.

Every good fortune with the Bute exercise.

Nigel

mickday

Post by mickday » Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:26 pm

That’s a relief. Thought you were going to tow it all the way to Bute behind the disco

Malcolm Ops

Post by Malcolm Ops » Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:25 am

I can see the refuelling of the craft will be purely land based, judging by the picture today of Mike and John. Following the lead of DMC, Ted or Stew will not stop to take on fuel after the first pass over Loch Fad.
Malcolm Ops

Derby, England

Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo » Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:18 pm

We have a bowser with a pump coming so we shouldn't need the acrobatics depicted in today's POTD but, yes, fuelling will almost certainly be land-based. The big tin machine gets through an amazing amount of juice. Only a six or seven minute run to check values and look at the idle position slurps away so much that you can't see the level anymore and it seems to take an age to get it filled up again. Just another parameter to learn about and record on our crew training mission.
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

I have wrought my simple plan
If I give one hour of joy
To the boy who’s half a man,
Or the man who’s half a boy.

Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.

Techteam

Post by Techteam » Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:45 am

Cometh the hour, Cometh the man.

Mike Bull

Post by Mike Bull » Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:51 am

...men. Our second driver is quite handy, too; here he is at work just the other day-

stew.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
'I am not what is called a "civilized man", Professor. I have done with society for reasons that seem good to me.'

Richie

Post by Richie » Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:22 am

If this was the movie Top Gun, Stew would be a baddie, everyone knows that the baddies flew the black planes in that movie :D
Clarence come out ov zat tank at vonz !

sheppane

Re: Isle of Bute

Post by sheppane » Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:07 pm

2018-07-25.jpg
Compare
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
'When you go down into the arena, you know that sometimes, you're likely to get your nose punched. You do it with your eyes open. You take the risks'

Donald Campbell, Bluebird and The Final Record Attempt. https://www.facebook.com/bluebirdk7/

sheppane

Post by sheppane » Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:08 pm

Bluebird 20 MB 8-12-66.jpg
... and Contrast...
'When you go down into the arena, you know that sometimes, you're likely to get your nose punched. You do it with your eyes open. You take the risks'

Donald Campbell, Bluebird and The Final Record Attempt. https://www.facebook.com/bluebirdk7/

Mike Bull

Post by Mike Bull » Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:35 pm

Ha, thanks Neil! I don't actually have a picture of the posts fitted now they are yellow and have their blue padding on- that can wait for Bute as they are ungainly things and I don't really want to keep putting them on and off. But they definitely look the part!

I made them, Baz shaped the ends for me and Gillian did the painting. I took a liberty with the stern one and added padding to that too- I didn't fancy seeing the boat scrape on a yellow stick!

20180718_140705.jpg
'I am not what is called a "civilized man", Professor. I have done with society for reasons that seem good to me.'