Pic of the Day

Renegadenemo

Re: Pic of the Day

Post by Renegadenemo » Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:59 am

I'm up for that but I'd say a fiver a guess because it's easier to post a fiver along with a piece of paper with your name and contacts on just in case you're right. Can't imagine there being a huge number of guesses but when you consider that the 3/32 countersunk rivets we use on the doublers cost about 0.4p each you get a lot for your money. Consider also that there'll be a whole lot more rivets this time around - probably twice as many in the tail and engine covers alone - due to the doublers and it's anyone's guess.
We'll not know until the end when all the receipts and packing slips are stacked up and counted and even then there'll be an error brought about by rivets removed, replaced, lost in the bilges, etc, but we'll be able to put you within a hundred, I'd say.
Any takers?

Oh, by the way - the new DVD is finished and about to be launched and it's a corker! Loads of great stuff on there. Anyone got any thoughts about value-added touches? Paint flake certificates, that sort of thing? It's your project too. Ideas please.
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'Sometimes you gotta be an S.O.B if you wanna make a dream reality' Mark Knopfler

Richie

Post by Richie » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:44 am

how do you mean...to go with the dvd or as a seperate entity ? you could get the team to sign the back cover but would be problematic getting everyone there together at the same time to sign copies for people buying the disc..

so in that case you sign each copy (and number it) an incentive like if you buy one of the first hundred copies you get a small bit of paint or loof hehehehhe :lol:
Clarence come out ov zat tank at vonz !

Dominic Owen

Post by Dominic Owen » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:20 am

Digressing shamelessly, for a second, back to the title subject of the thread... :D

Is there an archive of previous PoTD? There was one in particular that I was going to show my mum when she popped round yesterday but can't find it anywhere, either in the gallery or this thread.
One by one, the penguins are stealing my sanity...

Dominic Owen

Post by Dominic Owen » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:27 am

The one of the helmet poking out above the cockpit rails - in full accordance with Sod's Law I was telling her that she had to see it to appreciate what a powerful image it truely is, and then I couldn't find it. :roll:

Dominic Owen

Post by Dominic Owen » Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:10 pm

Cheers chap! I owe you one! :D

Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo » Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:35 pm

By the way - almost forgot to mention - buy a copy of the Mail on Sunday this week. Big, colourful spread about how the big tin boat is coming along.

'Sometimes you gotta be an S.O.B if you wanna make a dream reality' Mark Knopfler

Terminator

Post by Terminator » Sun May 27, 2012 4:59 pm

Looking a very neat and professional job there Mr.Bull and the added bonus of the Blue colour just makes it for me. The lungs of the machine are going to have to be perfect in every respect due to the forces being applied to them. After all we don't want them failing or imploding on us do we lads, that would certainly make an expensive mess of things now wouldn't it. Top job Mr. Bull many months of meticulous work now all becoming worth while matey. I'm quite sure and have every confidence in Mr. Smiths engineering skills will have taken into account every eventuality and stress's to be placed on them. Hopefully we will not get a repeat of 1966. Top Job gentlemen ;) looks fantastic
Novie
I've gone
"Never ride faster than your Angel can fly"

Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo » Sun May 27, 2012 6:33 pm

It's worth noting that, in the case of the air intakes, John hasn't done his usual trick of touching the job last then claiming it as his own work. Hmmmm, wonder why that should be. Still say we should make them the right size for the engine though.

Richie

Post by Richie » Sun May 27, 2012 8:07 pm

The intakes are to John (and anyone with a sense of fear) what Kryptonite is to Superman !

I reckon you should build a second set of intakes for her to your spec Bill, that way you can

A) Have a set on standby just in case they decide to implode again (and to compliment say a spare Orf)

B) Have them handy just in case another group of enthusiasts may need use of them for future reference to see how it should be done

C) So we can all stand back and watch Mikes heart sink as you tell him that its a good idea and you are going to build them
Clarence come out ov zat tank at vonz !

Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo » Sun May 27, 2012 8:14 pm

If we built a second set of inlets it'd be rude not to build the rest of the boat to go under them... We've loads of Orph's now too so it's no great shakes if we break one or two.