The Vulcan XH558 & General Aviation Thread

Post Reply
Jordangbr
Posts: 545
Joined: Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:55 am
Location: Barrow-in-Vegas

Re: The Vulcan XH558 & General Aviation Thread

Post by Jordangbr » Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:13 pm

A fine rendition of Ron Goodwin's score there.
Bangers!
You must have known I was coming!

User avatar
bluebirdsback
Posts: 453
Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:45 pm

Re: The Vulcan XH558 & General Aviation Thread

Post by bluebirdsback » Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:45 pm

Shouldnt that be 4 Dah's at the front, Dah Dah Dah Dah Dee Dee Dee Dee Dee etcc.?
The moment you make something idiot proof a new breed of idiots will come along and prove you wrong

User avatar
klingon
Posts: 644
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:22 pm
Location: Paisley Scotland

Re: The Vulcan XH558 & General Aviation Thread

Post by klingon » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:07 am

Nope-Thats Sting singing with the Police!-(checked movie score-definitely 3 Dahs!) :lol:
"I hate two faced people-don't know which face to punch first!"

User avatar
klingon
Posts: 644
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:22 pm
Location: Paisley Scotland

Re: The Vulcan XH558 & General Aviation Thread

Post by klingon » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:09 am

Jordangbr wrote:A fine rendition of Ron Goodwin's score there.
You want to try me on Led Zeps "Stairway to Heaven"! :D
"I hate two faced people-don't know which face to punch first!"

User avatar
Renegadenemo
Posts: 4937
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:29 pm
Location: N E England
Contact:

Re: The Vulcan XH558 & General Aviation Thread

Post by Renegadenemo » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:49 am

(checked movie score-definitely 3 Dahs!)
Checked the movie - can't believe how truly dreadful it was and I had fond memories of it too. Airfix models and exploding lighter fluid all over the place. Please!
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'Sometimes you gotta be an S.O.B if you wanna make a dream reality' Mark Knopfler

User avatar
mtskull
Posts: 643
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:32 pm
Location: West Yorkshire

Re: The Vulcan XH558 & General Aviation Thread

Post by mtskull » Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:14 pm

Renegadenemo wrote: Checked the movie - can't believe how truly dreadful it was and I had fond memories of it too. Airfix models and exploding lighter fluid all over the place. Please!
Nonetheless, not as bad as the utterly dire "Mosquito Squadron" :roll:
Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goals.

User avatar
Renegadenemo
Posts: 4937
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:29 pm
Location: N E England
Contact:

Re: The Vulcan XH558 & General Aviation Thread

Post by Renegadenemo » Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:15 pm

Absolutely gorgeous! And we got a Barracuda. Slipped up there, didn't we.
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'Sometimes you gotta be an S.O.B if you wanna make a dream reality' Mark Knopfler

User avatar
klingon
Posts: 644
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:22 pm
Location: Paisley Scotland

Re: The Vulcan XH558 & General Aviation Thread

Post by klingon » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:50 pm

Ahh Bill-remember though-you cant weld or rivet balsa wood!- Goof on 633 squadron-anyone notice the series one Landrover in the film supposedly dated about 4 or 5 years before they were invented? :ugeek:
"I hate two faced people-don't know which face to punch first!"

User avatar
Andrew453
Posts: 98
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:51 pm
Location: Dundee, Scotland

Re: The Vulcan XH558 & General Aviation Thread

Post by Andrew453 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:08 pm

klingon wrote:Ahh Bill-remember though-you cant weld or rivet balsa wood!- Goof on 633 squadron-anyone notice the series one Landrover in the film supposedly dated about 4 or 5 years before they were invented? :ugeek:
Not to mention the decidedly post-war grey Fergie being used as a tug.

User avatar
Wallis
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:41 am

Re: The Vulcan XH558 & General Aviation Thread

Post by Wallis » Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:32 pm

Andrew453 wrote:
klingon wrote:Ahh Bill-remember though-you cant weld or rivet balsa wood!- Goof on 633 squadron-anyone notice the series one Landrover in the film supposedly dated about 4 or 5 years before they were invented? :ugeek:
Not to mention the decidedly post-war grey Fergie being used as a tug.
Pre-production prototypes for Ministry approval! :D

Post Reply