The Vulcan XH558 & General Aviation Thread

Dominic Owen

Re: The Vulcan XH558 & General Aviation Thread

Post by Dominic Owen »

http://thelincolnite.co.uk/2014/07/tick ... colnshire/

There are still a few slots left but they're going fast!
One by one, the penguins are stealing my sanity...

quicksilver-wsr

Post by quicksilver-wsr »

An unearthy squall hit us here in Lincolnshire - such that it crossed my mind the much-vaunted Hurricane Bertha must be reaching us two days early - but then it cleared just as quickly as it had appeared ... timing it, sadly, just so as it would thwart the Lancasters' triumphant flypasts with the Red Arrows and disappoint the waiting crowds.

One element of the route would have passed directly over my village, with a 90-degree turn scheduled straight above us.

And it's my birthday of all days. "Drat and double-drat!" :(

Nigel
Last edited by quicksilver-wsr on Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

quicksilver-wsr

Thanks, Mike. I'm 21 again.

I only missed the Arrows, as it happens, as the Lancs were due to overfly Cranwell, slightly to the east.

Three Lancasters together is, I believe, in prospect - if the last I heard is anything to go by. The two airworthy examples being due to visit taxying Lanc NX611 at East Kirkby at some point during Vera's UK stay.

Don't quote me, but I understand the 5,000 tickets for that sold out in 45 minutes flat!

Nigel

riding shotgun

Post by riding shotgun »

Hi all

Not sure if you have seen this but this is the planned shows, weather permitting of course.

http://www.warplane.com/lancaster-2014-uk-tour.aspx

Richie

Post by Richie »

There is something about the sight and sound of those things that make the hairs stand up on your neck
"You can screw a man down until he takes to drinking......take me to the fantastic place..."

quicksilver-wsr

Absolutely superb!

If only there were more Lanc crewmembers alive to see it :(

Brilliant show, though.

Nigel

Pegasus

Post by Pegasus »

IMG_1583.2.jpg
Some of us were there! Incredible sight.

Phil
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

quicksilver-wsr

Mike Bull wrote:There's been a little grumbling here and there online that just about all the 2-Lancs events are taking place in the southern half of the country, and I wondered if I'd be bothered by not seeing them myself, but I find that I'm just stupidly content and happy to know that it's happening at all! :D
I find I'm the same ...

Don't necessarily have to see these things going on in order to enjoy the fact that they are going on - and that thousands of folks are getting an eyeful (and earful!) of aviation perfection.

All of that said, as I happen to be living in "Bomber County", I may just take a cheeky trip to Lincoln or Stamford to catch a momentary glimpse as they roar majestically overhead :)

Nigel

Pegasus

Post by Pegasus »

Afraid I'm one of those who has to be there, I can really recommend it! lol

Phil
IMG_1437.L1.jpg
IMG_1577.L1.jpg
IMG_1596.L1.jpg
IMG_1225.L1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Pegasus

Post by Pegasus »

Also had a thought whilst at Coningsby yesterday. How about nicking an engine out of one of these things, add a rocket and see what she'll do. What do you think?

Phil
IMG_1189.T1.jpg