The Vulcan XH558 & General Aviation Thread

quicksilver-wsr

Re: The Vulcan XH558 & General Aviation Thread

Post by quicksilver-wsr » Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:15 pm

That's one of the things I was going to say in my post. It sometimes looks like it's gone right over, when really it hasn't. But it's not a barrel roll, anyway.

Fingers crossed that it's just some saddo with nothing better to do than winge about something that doesn't effect them in the slightest.

Nigel

Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo » Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:57 pm

Fingers crossed that it's just some saddo with nothing better to do than winge about something that doesn't effect them in the slightest.
We had a whinger recently who could not understand why we didn't just throw our pile of Bluebird bits together, paint it blue and shove it in the museum. What was the point of discussing the fuel system with experts or having parts of the collector tanks chemically analysed for Cadmium? And yesterday I had to help a little old lady at the petrol station whose minuscule Peugeot had flagged a low oil warning. Despite the staff working for a petrochemical giant and all of them having smartphones and the Internet in their pockets, not one of them could tell the old dear what she needed to buy to save her engine. I despair some days!
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'Sometimes you gotta be an S.O.B if you wanna make a dream reality' Mark Knopfler

rob565uk

The Vulcan XH558 & General Aviation Thread

Post by rob565uk » Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:40 pm

Mike Bull wrote:It gets worse...supposedly the CAA are investigating reports that the Vulcan did a full barrel roll when displaying over Grantham recently?! :shock:
Part of me would like that to be true "For England and for the Hell of it", as a certain Mr Noble once put it. A little bit like the accidental (?) last flight of the Victor .... :-)

1 in 10 people understands binary. The other one doesn't

captain sparkle

Post by captain sparkle » Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:41 pm

XH558 last ever flight now!

Maybe this will work-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcKqkq27ffk

Ste

Post by Ste » Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:12 pm

Vulcan barrel Roll?

Footage looks suspect, but I hope it's genuine 8-)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-li ... e-34712346

What's the CAA going to do; ground her :lol:

quicksilver-wsr

Post by quicksilver-wsr » Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:41 am

Hopefully this will simply result in a rap on the knuckles, if a rule is deemed to have been broken.

The last thing the VST needs is a hefty fine.

Nigel

quicksilver-wsr

Post by quicksilver-wsr » Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:19 pm

Good to see Vulcan flight-tester Tony Blackman feature so strongly in that clip.

Since we're lightening the mood, I'll mention a test flight Blackman once did in an HS 748 for a wealthy client who was a prospective buyer. The flight was from Hatfield and the client was Howard Hughes, a man known for his eccentricity. Blackman says Hughes piloted, and did the entire flight dressed in nought but his trademark fedora hat.

Nigel

Black Knight

Post by Black Knight » Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:19 pm

Great news from Biggin Hill. They will be completing & operating a Mosquito from the Biggin Hill Heritage Hangar.

Black Knight

Post by Black Knight » Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:52 pm

Vulcan To The Sky are in talks with The People's Mosquito about helping them with their plans.

riding shotgun

Post by riding shotgun » Wed Dec 09, 2015 1:37 pm

Hi

For those of you who are interested, the reunion of giant two Lancaster DVD is now available, it's available from East Kirkby aviation centre or http://www.sonusmedia.co.uk.

Mine is on the way as I type.

Colin