Bluebird K7 Bye Law amendments

StewDurham

Re: Bluebird K7 Bye Law amendments

Post by StewDurham »

I dunno - Lake Mead would have been a cool holiday. :-)
Good luck to the BBP team, makes me proud to be British (and a North-easterner to boot!). Damn fine work, chaps!
Andrew453

Post by Andrew453 »

StewDurham wrote:I dunno - Lake Mead would have been a cool holiday. :-)
Lake Maggiore anyone? The food...the wine... :P
ace_chris

Post by ace_chris »

Renegadenemo wrote:
and someone did suggest the River Tyne.
It's not as daft as it sounds. There's a whole section of it unrestricted and viewing would be easy as well as having good support for engineering and visitors. On the other hand we'd be in real trouble if we sank our boat in a flowing river and then there's the question of salt in the water.
Bala Lake in Snowdonia was a much better alternate location. It even looks like Coniston.
Personally speaking Bala Lake is awesome - for what its worth I believe Crusader was tested there pre record attempt?
mtskull

Post by mtskull »

Renegadenemo wrote: Bala Lake in Snowdonia was a much better alternate location. It even looks like Coniston.
Better geographically perhaps, but just imagine all of the obstacles that have had to be surmounted in obtaining permission to run at Coniston and then factor in the likelihood of the locals opposing the project rather than supporting it.... :roll:
Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goals.
Terminator

Post by Terminator »

At over twice the distance and twice the traveling time it was still a very real possibility and totally do able :D It would be a shame to let all the people of the surrounding area's in the Lake's be robbed of a homecoming pass through their villages and towns on route to Coniston let alone run K7 on a Welsh Lake!!
However as Mr.Smith states it nice to have a Plan B just incase all go's wrong. Not quite the same going down the A1 etc!
Novie
"Never ride faster than your Angel can fly"
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

Bala Lake in Snowdonia was a much better alternate location. It even looks like Coniston.
Ah, but the crucial difference is that the Welsh tourist board came to us... There's a heap of red tape in the bin before you start.
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
ace_chris

Post by ace_chris »

This is good news for ever increasing visitor numbers to The Lake District?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cumbria-40547691
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

This is good news for ever increasing visitor numbers to The Lake District?
Let's hope the positivity is infectious and not reversed into parochial f**kwittery where some committee or another wets its collective knickers at the thought of running a gas turbine in their newly declared wonder of the world... Not that I'm cynical in any way. :lol:
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
Malcolm Ops

Post by Malcolm Ops »

Renegadenemo wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:15 am Not that I'm cynical in any way. :lol:
It is to be hoped that as UNESCO have agreed that the Lake District has been shaped by "industry", then the setting of World Records on various lakes and waters will be hailed as part of the areas heritage. [Totally unconnected Coniston villagers are having their say on their village plan and the return of Bluebird at an open meeting on the 12th July].

Malcolm
Malcolm Ops

Derby, England