'Donald Campbell- The Final Record Attempt' by Neil Sheppard

Post Reply
User avatar
Renegadenemo
Posts: 5101
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:29 pm
Location: N E England
Contact:

Re: 'Donald Campbell- The Final Record Attempt' by Neil Shep

Post by Renegadenemo »

Being serious for a minute, Neil, (yes, it happens occasionally). If you get a damaged copy that you can see a way to donating to the project as a reference item for the workshop we'd be very grateful. We have a similarly donated copy of the 'Big Book of Donald', otherwise known as Leo's photo album or whatever it's called, and we're forever poring over it checking out rivet pitches and such. We'll all buy our own shiny copy for best but we need a slightly grubby one for the BBP shop so keep us in mind.
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'Sometimes you gotta be an S.O.B if you wanna make a dream reality' Mark Knopfler
f1steveuk
Posts: 755
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:01 pm
Location: Belves France

Re: 'Donald Campbell- The Final Record Attempt' by Neil Shep

Post by f1steveuk »

Sorry for the tardy reply, I was at home, and as has been pointed out by Chris, the French internet can be crap at best.

Anyway, as far as I know Lew was not involved in the sloping wheel, the amphibian, the four point K7 or the CN7 based boat. Lew took more to keeping the business making money while Ken seemed to be sought out more for research and design on what Lew described as "non profit or unlikely to make profit" schemes.

I have it on fairly good authority, that much of the intake idea was taken on by Lockheed for the F117, so the Stealth remark is quite apt.

Shame there won't be a launch of Neil's book "dahn sarf" as it's unlikely I'll be able to get "oop nerth".
Steve Holter, UK and France, and sometimes reality....................
User avatar
sheppane
Posts: 513
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:03 am
Location: Chiswick, West London and Penrith, Cumbria.

Re: 'Donald Campbell- The Final Record Attempt' by Neil Shep

Post by sheppane »

Renegadenemo wrote:Being serious for a minute, Neil, (yes, it happens occasionally). If you get a damaged copy that you can see a way to donating to the project as a reference item for the workshop we'd be very grateful. We have a similarly donated copy of the 'Big Book of Donald', otherwise known as Leo's photo album or whatever it's called, and we're forever poring over it checking out rivet pitches and such. We'll all buy our own shiny copy for best but we need a slightly grubby one for the BBP shop so keep us in mind.
I'm sure we can work something out....
'When you go down into the arena, you know that sometimes, you're likely to get your nose punched. You do it with your eyes open. You take the risks'

Donald Campbell, Bluebird and The Final Record Attempt. https://www.facebook.com/bluebirdk7/
User avatar
sheppane
Posts: 513
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:03 am
Location: Chiswick, West London and Penrith, Cumbria.

Re: 'Donald Campbell- The Final Record Attempt' by Neil Shep

Post by sheppane »

f1steveuk wrote:Sorry for the tardy reply, I was at home, and as has been pointed out by Chris, the French internet can be crap at best.

Anyway, as far as I know Lew was not involved in the sloping wheel, the amphibian, the four point K7 or the CN7 based boat. Lew took more to keeping the business making money while Ken seemed to be sought out more for research and design on what Lew described as "non profit or unlikely to make profit" schemes.

I have it on fairly good authority, that much of the intake idea was taken on by Lockheed for the F117, so the Stealth remark is quite apt.

Shame there won't be a launch of Neil's book "dahn sarf" as it's unlikely I'll be able to get "oop nerth".
Steve,

Fear not, I am looking to do a launch in London in St James's. As soon as I can confirm the date, I will let everyone know.

Neil
'When you go down into the arena, you know that sometimes, you're likely to get your nose punched. You do it with your eyes open. You take the risks'

Donald Campbell, Bluebird and The Final Record Attempt. https://www.facebook.com/bluebirdk7/
User avatar
klingon
Posts: 644
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:22 pm
Location: Paisley Scotland

Re: 'Donald Campbell- The Final Record Attempt' by Neil Shep

Post by klingon »

C'mon Neil-ye gotta have a Scottish launch as well!-ye might actually sell at least 2 or possibly 3 books to us "canny" Scots!-if we all club together and share them roon! :lol:
"I hate two faced people-don't know which face to punch first!"
User avatar
Andrew453
Posts: 99
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:51 pm
Location: Dundee, Scotland

Re: 'Donald Campbell- The Final Record Attempt' by Neil Shep

Post by Andrew453 »

klingon wrote:C'mon Neil-ye gotta have a Scottish launch as well!-ye might actually sell at least 2 or possibly 3 books to us "canny" Scots!-if we all club together and share them roon! :lol:
Aye, and we'd all dig deep and buy you a drink...just the one mind! :D
User avatar
rob565uk
Posts: 839
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:02 pm
Location: St Helens, Merseyside

Re: 'Donald Campbell- The Final Record Attempt' by Neil Shep

Post by rob565uk »

Mike Bull wrote:Similarly, if anyone has a reasonable sized flat screen computer monitor going spare, that would be very much appreciated in the workshop too; our current one is damaged which can make it difficult to look at our reference as we work. (It needs to be a flat screen rather than a CRT as it sits on a very shallow shelf)

Mike

I have one and will bring it on my next visit (Saturday 24th I hope)

1 in 10 people understands binary. The other one doesn't
User avatar
Renegadenemo
Posts: 5101
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:29 pm
Location: N E England
Contact:

Re: 'Donald Campbell- The Final Record Attempt' by Neil Shep

Post by Renegadenemo »

I'm sure we can work something out....
Cheers, Neil. Inevitably you'll spill coffee over one or the post office will return one in tatters... Keep us in mind.
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'Sometimes you gotta be an S.O.B if you wanna make a dream reality' Mark Knopfler
User avatar
sheppane
Posts: 513
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:03 am
Location: Chiswick, West London and Penrith, Cumbria.

Re: 'Donald Campbell- The Final Record Attempt' by Neil Shep

Post by sheppane »

Good evening.

I'm at last able to confirm details of the Coniston Ruskin Museum book launch event.
It will be on Saturday the 8th October at 2pm in the Bluebird wing of the Ruskin Museum.
Gina will be joining Keith and I to sign both editions of the book, the standard edition and the limited edition of 250 in the enclosing wrapper.
It would be great if you are able to be there.
I will send more a more detailed itinerary over the week end.
Many thanks for all your support and interest,

kindest regards,

Neil
'When you go down into the arena, you know that sometimes, you're likely to get your nose punched. You do it with your eyes open. You take the risks'

Donald Campbell, Bluebird and The Final Record Attempt. https://www.facebook.com/bluebirdk7/
User avatar
bluebirdsback
Posts: 458
Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:45 pm

Re: 'Donald Campbell- The Final Record Attempt' by Neil Shep

Post by bluebirdsback »

Book, What book?
The moment you make something idiot proof a new breed of idiots will come along and prove you wrong
Post Reply