'Donald Campbell- The Final Record Attempt' by Neil Sheppard

Renegadenemo

Re: 'Donald Campbell- The Final Record Attempt' by Neil Shep

Post by Renegadenemo »

As busted as getting the shoes made when we didn't actually need them? :lol:
Ah but at least that showcased my awesome powers of persuasion and resourcefulness... :lol:
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
KW Mitchell

Post by KW Mitchell »

Mike Bull wrote:.....subsequently used in calculations in the last chapter of Neil's book, where the 8' 4" was taken as the height between the top of the fin and the bottom of the planing wedge and used to calculate her position in some footage. )
If I may, I would like to correct Mike's reference to the height above from my chapter in the book. It is actually 8.04' not '...8' 4"...'. This is actually a tad under 8' 0.5". The reason for 'decimalising' the imperial measure was for the similar triangle calculations to obtain distance.
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

The problem with Norris Bro's documents is that many of them are not representative of what was eventually built or the ideas were done three or four different ways and the wrong document survived. Ken and Co. did an awful lot of thinking on paper so their doodlings are simply not to be relied upon to be the final word. I don't remember the back story but one of them said the wedges were only four feet long yet anyone can see by looking that a sponson is half as long as the boat and the wedge is half as long as a sponson so they can't possibly be only four feet long or we'd have a sixteen-foot boat - duh!
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
TheMuppeteer

Re: 'Donald Campbell- The Final Record Attempt' by Neil Sheppard

Post by TheMuppeteer »

Is there any chance of mass market paperback release of this book in the near future.