Visit to Bills workshop.

Ernie Lazenby

Visit to Bills workshop.

Post by Ernie Lazenby »

Just got back from a visit to see how the rebuild is progressing. I canot begin to express in words my admiration for the work being done by Bill and the team. I saw K7 before Bill started to take it apart and cannot believe how its starting to be transformed. Badly damaged and corroded frames/panels repaired to a standard one has to see to believe. My wife was with me and on the way back home she said the joins where new metal had been attached could hardly be seen, I had not realised she had taken that much notice. Its quite clear that K7 is in very good hands and those who doubted this rebuild was possible are going to be made to look like muppets.

Excellent work Bill and thanks for giving up some of your valuable time.

BTW I am very pleased with the bag of goodies I bought.
Ernie Lazenby

Re: Visit to Bills workshop.

Post by Ernie Lazenby »

Dash it had I realised you are also in the NE I would have mentioned I was intending to visit today.

Cannot say much more but theres likely to be a little and large show when the big occasion arises. I made Bill an offer today which hes interested in.
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

Great to catch up today, Ernie (and your good lady wife). Always a pleasure - you know that.
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
Ernie Lazenby

Post by Ernie Lazenby »

Mike Bull wrote:Yes, I'm local to the workshop now Ernie- had reason to move, so I thought it might as well be 300 miles to be by the workshop and the mates therein!
Mike
Its a 35 minute run down to my place from Bills if you wanted to cast an eye over the GT K7 model and the other famous boats. My good lady does a decent cup of tea.