Quicksilver

malcolm uk

Re: Quicksilver

Post by malcolm uk »

When did Nigel get dropped from the Quicksilver project which is totally his idea?
Malcolm Pittwood
The Bluebird Project
Operations
Excelsior2007

Post by Excelsior2007 »

malcolm uk wrote:When did Nigel get dropped from the Quicksilver project which is totally his idea?

I thought this had been touched on in earlier posts, and it's mentioned in wikipedia that he had to step down as Managing Director of the Quicksilver company.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_spee ... References.

Unless I've missed something.
malcolm uk

Post by malcolm uk »

The wikepedia note also points out that QWSR Ltd now exists to help run the project. It was a personal bankcruptcy it seems not the company.

Not being a company director should not have halted a mans long held ambition.

Just look at any Watchdog programme to see how struck of MDs can bounce back ....... and that is not likening Nigel to any rogue company owners at all. It just does not matter unless the boat, motors and buccaneer have been seized by creditors.

Remember the quote ... "The announcement of my passing is somewhat premature".

Malcolm
Malcolm Pittwood
The Bluebird Project
Operations
ace_chris

Post by ace_chris »

Cant believe it either, they seem to be coming thick and fast now, so good on 'em for that...However, there seems to be an awful lot of electronic 'gubbins' and water and electricity dont mix (that well), and, a lot of erm, automated control systems. Isnt that a bit against the rules? Chris
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

We can show 'em where to pick up some Bloctube parts - they seem to work rather nicely even after all these years.
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
rob565uk

Post by rob565uk »

Another news update has appeared on the QS site:

"10 facts you (probably) didn't know about Quicksilver", with a nice photo of Ken Norris and Nigel, plus a lot of emphasis on the connections between QS and K7

1 in 10 people understands binary. The other one doesn't
ace_chris

Post by ace_chris »

Mike Bull wrote:The sharp-eyed will notice that I've chosen to remove my own last posting on this thread, as I've since had a brief but honest dialogue with Nigel Macknight which I think has been to our mutual benefit, and I wish to cut the man some serious slack.
Hi Mike, What was it that Nigel did or said? Chris
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

Nige is a nice guy - possibly too nice for the cut and thrust of being knocked about by the public at large but he keeps plugging away at his project and that's the single most important part of the job. If you don't quit you can't fail. Maybe we can coax him down here for a chat. Nige?
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
ace_chris

Post by ace_chris »

Mike Bull wrote:Chris- as I'm sure you can appreciate, that remains private between myself and Nigel.
Thanks for that Mike and I respect that. Maybe I need to have a similar conversation with Nigel to understand where he is going with his project...Chris
jonwrightk7

Post by jonwrightk7 »

ok so we have all had a poke at the quiksilver project, but it is british! by recent posts it seems to be gathering momentum again, perhaps its low key approatch over the last months was down to some serious hard work behind the scenes? again its british: DMC would be right behind it, wouldnt he? :?
The world is full of Kings and Queens; who blind your eyes, then steal your dreams..