Quicksilver

Renegadenemo

Re: Quicksilver

Post by Renegadenemo » Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:52 pm

He's a canny old fox, is that Mr Warby. He'll tell you that horizontal surface was up there just for show if you ask...
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'Sometimes you gotta be an S.O.B if you wanna make a dream reality' Mark Knopfler

klippe

Post by klippe » Thu May 21, 2009 7:11 am

I, for one, am just happy that the QuickSilver design has been re-worked from a reverse three pointer to its latest configuration.

History isn't really on the side of the reverse three pointer design......

Cliff

rob565uk

Post by rob565uk » Thu May 21, 2009 1:32 pm

"Constant change can be used to give the illusion of progress" - a quotation of forgotten origin, but relevant in this case I think.........

1 in 10 people understands binary. The other one doesn't

Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo » Thu May 21, 2009 4:03 pm

I was talking to a senior person from the QS project last week who is firmly of the opinion that it's going nowhere. Bit of a shame really.

'Sometimes you gotta be an S.O.B if you wanna make a dream reality' Mark Knopfler

rob565uk

Post by rob565uk » Thu May 21, 2009 5:05 pm

It is a tragic shame, considering the rich WSR history in the UK and the unique Campbell legacy. And if a serious UK contender were to appear tomorrow, I think they might just have a hard time raising backing ..........

Mike Bull

Post by Mike Bull » Fri May 22, 2009 8:31 am

I see that a new piccie or three have appeared throughout the 'craft' section of the QS website- nothing particularly new, though. A dangling engine, a hacked-about frame, the usual stuff. A tank testing model with Nige himself posing alongside.

Didn't we see all of that like, a decade ago?! I see the last news update was June 2008! What doers this 'project' actually DO on a daily basis?! Never let anyone complain about the time between Bill's diary pieces again, I reckon... :roll:

rob565uk

Post by rob565uk » Fri May 22, 2009 9:22 am

I was looking at the QS site, under The Craft>Testing showing the latest model under test, and was struck by the fact that Nigel seems to be increasingly resembling Ken Dodd ...

Mike Bull

Post by Mike Bull » Fri May 22, 2009 10:22 am

While I don't disagree, perhaps we shouldn't be so nasty to another project's leader.

However, as for our own...

:lol:

Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo » Fri May 22, 2009 12:07 pm

Tell me I look like Ken Dodd and you can build your own blue boat!

ace_chris

Post by ace_chris » Fri May 22, 2009 12:11 pm

Perhaps Quicksilver could be the next project for BBP once K7 is nestled snuggly up in Coniston? ;)

I understand that Quicksilver is going down the corporate route to secure funding, fair enough but you get the impression that its sooooooooo different from what the BBP have achieved, not least because the BBP team have actually been getting their hands dirty and grafting! Kind of get the vibe that it doesnt work like that over in camp Quicksilver.

It is a shame, not only because the Quicksilver saga has been dragging on for about 100 years and does it also have a negative impact regarding the credibility of other potential British contenders for the WSR? Having said that, our American and Australian Cousins have gone a bit quiet on the WSR front of late so perhaps its just reflective of the current state of the world. Chris