PLAN B

graham

PLAN B

Post by graham »

Plan B no thanks not that I have anything against Australia but bluebird belongs in the UK what are the options if the bye law is not changed to allow the bluebird to run
Could we go over there heads and go to central government to get them to overturn it
Possible petition to Downing Street with news coverage that would make LDNP look
Really bad in the eyes of the people of the UK
I just think it’s a bad show not have bluebird running at home on Coniston
If help is needed to get it done then I will fight for the right to run her
Last edited by graham on Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
‘The HLF believes the crash is the most important aspect of the boat's history’

Absolutely, and the highlight of Elvis’ career was dying on the bog…hehehe
Renegadenemo

Re: PLAN B

Post by Renegadenemo »

In the interests of not starting a bunfight we've not formally approached the powers that be regarding alternative sites for our proving trials though we have introduced ourselves on a friendly basis. As a last resort we have a short stretch of the river Tyne with a boathouse, slipway and workshop facilities and that I have confirmed - only yesterday, as it happens.
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
klingon

Post by klingon »

And theres always that wee stretch of water with the Beastie in it outside Inverness-well it's in the UK innit?-no speed limit,very long but don't sink anything in it-mega deep!-
"I hate two faced people-don't know which face to punch first!"
jonwrightk7

Post by jonwrightk7 »

think k7 should run again on any english lake if coniston is unavailable! no disrepect to our antipodean cousins who saw the "bluebird twins" finest hours. but they; and donald, were very british!
The world is full of Kings and Queens; who blind your eyes, then steal your dreams..
klingon

Post by klingon »

jonwrightk7 wrote:think k7 should run again on any english lake if coniston is unavailable! no disrepect to our antipodean cousins who saw the "bluebird twins" finest hours. but they; and donald, were very british!
We got lakes in Scotland too!-only we call em Lochs-K3 actually ran on Loch Lomond in the 30's-Then Cobb of course ran on Loch Ness-both Lochs are 20 odd miles long-well big enough for k7 to run up and down-nice slip at Drumnadrochit too on Ness-dived off there a few times.Conisto would be great but if the crunch came there are plenty other sites in the UK suitable for the test runs etc within a hundred miles or so of the workshop. ;)
"I hate two faced people-don't know which face to punch first!"
DavidR

Post by DavidR »

Presumably (even at 100mph) there is a need for the surface of the lake to be still (see Leo Villa's comments on the contribution of the disturbed water to the crash). Does this rule out Loch Ness?
jonwrightk7

Post by jonwrightk7 »

lets just hope that the LDNP realise what a terrific asset they could have for the whole of the lakes if they decide to let K7 run on coniston once again. the history or the WWSR and the spirit of DMC run in the veins of coniston. a decision not to run K7 once more on coniston water would be a travesty. "Heres to the Donald!"
The world is full of Kings and Queens; who blind your eyes, then steal your dreams..
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

The LDNP is a switched on group of people. They understand the pros and cons and are also duty bound to hear all sides of the discussion (as well as put up with the occasional idiot). All meetings and discussion has so far been very positive so there's a good chance we'll be allowed to run on Coniston. Failing that - we've been invited to Wales where they also have lakes, apparently.
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.