The Tea Break Bench

Jordangbr

Re: The Tea Break Bench

Post by Jordangbr »

Agreed there Mike, Edwina Curry makes a great bacon Stottie at the local bakery and I enjoy a Broon now and again so it's not all bad.
Lucky you wore safety boots when you ate your Saveloy Dip as you may have lost your toes had you dropped it.
Bangers!
You must have known I was coming!
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

Note, Jordan also expresses his disgust at the soggy abomination but it's me who gets called a philistine. Typical!
Ah, but at least Jordan knows the difference between Greggs and game pie and I agree that the Cumbrian lot do make a world-class sausage. It sometimes looks a little off-putting curled down there on the plate after one has enjoyed a night on the Bluebird Ale but the taste is second to none.
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'Sometimes you gotta be an S.O.B if you wanna make a dream reality' Mark Knopfler
klingon

Post by klingon »

Nawww-sorry folks-Scottish square sliced sausage on a big roll with brown sauce is still the mutts nuts for me!-cholesterol on a bun! :lol:
"I hate two faced people-don't know which face to punch first!"
Andrew453

Post by Andrew453 »

klingon wrote:Nawww-sorry folks-Scottish square sliced sausage on a big roll with brown sauce is still the mutts nuts for me!-cholesterol on a bun! :lol:
Awaaaay! If you want real nourishment...a gastronomic org*^m in greaseproof paper...it simply has to be that old Scots favourite, the one and only mince roll. Seasoned, of course, wi' broon or reed sass according to preference.
Reminds me of the bemused Dutch tourists we sat next to in a Dornoch restaurant a few years ago who, spying Mince 'n' Tatties on the menu, asked the waitress, 'Vot iz dees minzeh?'
'Well,' came the reply, 'its beef ground up into little bits, covered in Bisto...'
'I zink ve'll haf de feesh.'
bluebirdsback

Post by bluebirdsback »

I once asked a wine expert what a good wine was and he told me that if a wine costs three quid a bottle or three hundred pound a bottle, if you like the taste then that is a good wine. So surely the same should count for food. wether you like a pork pie and a bottle of broon or a lobster thermidor and a bottle of port, both would class as a good meal. I mysel like a bit of lobster and the odd glass of port, but at the tea break bench the pork pie or Asda pasties are more likely to appear and maybe the after pint of lager down at the pub on a Saturday, finishing off the buffet from a wedding doesnt make you a philistine. I love that me. Mind you i cant afford lobster or port so its a can of lager and a crab stick for me tonight. Yum Yum
The moment you make something idiot proof a new breed of idiots will come along and prove you wrong
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

I once asked a wine expert what a good wine was and he told me that if a wine costs three quid a bottle or three hundred pound a bottle, if you like the taste then that is a good wine.
...or the home made rhubarb wine at our last bash. Told you all to be careful with the stuff but would anyone listen?

'Sometimes you gotta be an S.O.B if you wanna make a dream reality' Mark Knopfler
Richie

Post by Richie »

I take it Bill....you are one of those rare folk who can create alcoholic beverage from pretty much anything..... :) never heard of nasty claggy pudding pudding of satan being turned into wine...... however i am very interested......being a wine and whisky....and rum type of chap. was it mixed with that wonderful surface cleaner often used to clean K7's skin ?

wonder how many Dips Bill could consume in one tea break .... could this be a pound in sweep for saturdays....winner buys the round with the winnings hahahaha.
"You can screw a man down until he takes to drinking......take me to the fantastic place..."
Jordangbr

The Tea Break Bench

Post by Jordangbr »

What? Pease Pudding Richie? ;-)
Bangers!
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

I'd say it's possible to make an alcoholic beverage out of pease pudding. I reckon it'd make a nice lager with a bit of effort...

Jordangbr

Post by Jordangbr »

The gauntlet is down Herr Smitt.
Bangers!