New Members

lsrdatabase

Re: New Members

Post by lsrdatabase »

This one is pretty good as well!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MikeT

Post by MikeT »

Many thanks for the advice and also the PM's apolagies for not replying to them it seems I've not been a member long enough to send messages. As for the reading time and cash allowing I'll get through most of them I hope. A few years back I read everything I could find on upkeep and operation chastise after someone bought me the dambusters for christmas (book). I didn't rest till I knew every aspect and every mechanical inch of the lanc.

Friends have mentioned that I may get a tad obsessive with my hobbies. :lol:
Life's not having a good hand of cards....
But playing a poor hand well.
Sorry for the poor spelling in my posts my friends and family marvel at how someone reasonably educated can be so poor at spelling
malcolm uk

Re: Coniston run 2012

Post by malcolm uk »

Mike Bull wrote:
paul63mod wrote:i am trying to find out when Bluebird will run this year?
That's easy- it won't! Bluebird remains deep in rebuild and certainly won't be going anywhere in 2012.
According to the latest issue of Motorboat & Yachting "volunteers hope to have it (K7) finished this year in time for low-speed runs on Coniston". At least they got the web address right. :?
Malcolm Pittwood
The Bluebird Project
Operations
VelocityTranquility

Post by VelocityTranquility »

Hello All, I can't tell you how chuffed I was to find a forum dedicated to Bluebird - I was actually looking to find some plans for a model I want to build of K7 when I came across you!..I look forward to spending some time just 'hanging out' and shooting the Breeze. Best wishes and kindest regards, Mat - Cheshire.
"Lick your own stamps - Post your own envelopes, no one can do if for you - Velocity is Tranquility"
lsrdatabase

Re: New Member

Post by lsrdatabase »

VelocityTranquility wrote:Hello All, I can't tell you how chuffed I was to find a forum dedicated to Bluebird - I was actually looking to find some plans for a model I want to build of K7 when I came across you!..I look forward to spending some time just 'hanging out' and shooting the Breeze. Best wishes and kindest regards, Mat - Cheshire.

I can supply plans for the Bluebird K7. Ken Norris gave me permission to do so some years ago now, and I've benn doing for several years.

If you could e-mail me from my website full details are on site.

Kind regards, Fred lsrdatabase
MikeT

Post by MikeT »

sheppane wrote:
Mike,

Welcome to the forum:

Thanks for ther kind words about 'The Final Record Attempt'

With regards other books, check out the following link:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/tag/donald%20ca ... ag_dh_istp

The standout books are:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Villas-Bluebird ... 2_edpp_url

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Donald-Campbell ... 2_edpp_url

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Leap-into-Legen ... 2_edpp_url

Thay should provide plenty of nights enjoyment. The former is a coffee table book full of wonderful colour images, the later two are the definitive biographies on Donald Campbell.

Enjoy.
It's my birthday tomorrow........and since I've already opened my cards that have come and what gifts that came my way I know no one has got me any of the above so I went up my local book shop today and try and buy Leo's bluebird photo album but was told it'll be a 4 week wait :roll: So I fired up the old blackberry and grabed one off the wip wap wop But because the lady in the shop tried so hard to fix me up even though she was stood serving people in a shop that was that cold she was wearing gloves and by any rights should have been miserable. I guilty as hell so I felt I ought to buy something. So i've ordered man behind the mask I genuinely can't wait for either I love my books hardly watch TV so I get a real joy about the thought of starting a new read. I know its a slight and pointless thread hijack but I really loved Neals book and even though I only have a few days wait for one of my new ones to turn up I'm as excited as waiting for santa and really had to tell someone about it.]I just hope the postman doesn't take ages to bring em and i've read that with Leos album you get a set of 3D glasses to look at some of the pics with? Is the effect good or not read a bit about the type of camera used on line but am uncertain of the end result.

Apolagies all but i'm really really excited.

Mod edit- Hell man, my eyes! No more of the big comedy smilies please! (Enjoy your books and birthday though!) :D -Mike
Sorry for the poor spelling in my posts my friends and family marvel at how someone reasonably educated can be so poor at spelling
MikeT

Post by MikeT »

Mod edit- Hell man, my eyes! No more of the big comedy smilies please! (Enjoy your books and birthday though!) :D -Mike
:lol: Wondered how long they'd last was gonna take em out when i'd have a brew but ya beat me to it.
bluebirdsback

Post by bluebirdsback »

I couldnt get them either, Mind you my lamp oil is running low these days. I need glasses on to find my glasses
The moment you make something idiot proof a new breed of idiots will come along and prove you wrong
MikeT

Post by MikeT »

DamienB wrote:
MikeT wrote:i've read that with Leos album you get a set of 3D glasses to look at some of the pics with? Is the effect good or not
I wish they'd just printed the 3d shots as 2d. It's just a gimmick and doesn't work very well, completely overwhelming the colours in the process.
Woo hoo me books have come :) but I’ll have to admit I’m a bit peeved off with the 3D jobbies don’t seem to work that well. I've got an interest in old photography and despite suffering from..this..Which is a right pain in the arse when it comes to taking photos. I still use a Conway box camera from the 1950’s so was really looking forward to the whole album. As far as the 3D pics go I think they worked better when viewed through a proper slide viewer. I guess they have lost some of the magic when they were blown up and printed in the book, it doesn’t help that they have been chopped and changed around a bit, the photo on page 53 is especially bad somehow the rudder seems to have found itself onto the right hand side of the transom. Non the less I’m really pleased with what has turned out to be a beautiful book full of wonderful pictures, But at the risk of repeating others I wish they’d of left the 3D ones as normal pictures. I really loved all the pics of CN7 as I've only ever seen a few of them from the 60's

I’m now going to sit down with coffee and my copy of behind the mask :)
MikeT

Post by MikeT »

Mike Bull wrote: Never noticed that, but you're right. Never quite worked out what was going on with the jet pipe in that photo either?!
Thats what caused me to look at the pic in more detail the jet pipe I know its only one faulty picture but when the book is sold as a photo album and has very few words in it you'd of thought they could at least get the super duper special 3D pics right. Non the less I'm really pleased with it a fantastic set of photos that I wouldn't have stood a chance of finding elsewhere.

walks off tuting at the thought of folk riping out pics of beautiful CN7 just cause it isn't a boat
:lol: