New Members

Scots Pine

Re: New Members

Post by Scots Pine » Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:20 pm

Total newbie to BB & the project.

Got hooked through a certain song & a visit to the LD last year & been following ever since.
Native to Argyll - brought up on Loch Eck side for 20 years, now over in Ayrshire but the family home is still back there.

Totally amazing to see BB on Loch Fad, never thought I'd see it do that speed with my own eyes...and to chat with Gina for 20 mins just topped off a lovely couple of days that will live long in the memory!

tys1977

Post by tys1977 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:37 pm

Evening folks,
Registered to simply add my congratulations to the team for a fantastic job over the last 20 odd years culminating in the last couple of weeks on Bute, to see the project reach this stage of the restoration is amazing, I live close to and work around The Lake District and obviously DC and Bluebird are the stuff of local legend, I'd have loved to have got to Bute to see you guys operating her but sadly had commitments the two weeks you were there, the online coverage has been superb though, a true treat to watch of an evening after work to see what had been achieved that day, I'm very much into photography and can be found most weeks up in the hills of the lakes photographing fighter jets as they fly through at low level, however I am very much looking forward to seeing you guys the next occasion you take her out on trials and hope to get some photos of her running.

Congratulations to you all once again, superb dedication to the task and an amazing result so far...

Kindest regards
Mark

JohnTheBikeMan

Post by JohnTheBikeMan » Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:07 pm

Hi, new to the forum but have been observing from afar.

Absolutely love our benevolent dictator's rants!

Tremendous admiration for everything you've all achieved.
I am the one who guided you this far
All you know and all you feel
Nobody must know my name
For nobody would understand
And you kill what you feel...

Eldritch

Post by Eldritch » Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:00 pm

For all of you involved with this Noble project a huge heart-felt thank you.
Gladly help in any way I can.

Makes you proud to be British

Regards Andy