New Members

Rich1981

Re: New Members

Post by Rich1981 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:24 pm

Oh yer I can drive all types of brooms and paint brushes but tea making I excel at lol

Sandbachris

Post by Sandbachris » Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:45 pm

Hello all. Isn't it amazing how the Bluebird story continues to this day. The Campbell name forever a catalyst uniting glory, bravery, determination and all people of the world with a glint of child in their eye. Thanks for letting me on the forum.

Mike Bull

Post by Mike Bull » Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:22 pm

Welcome to our new members...this is a fairly quiet little forum and it'll often appear that the team is just talking amongst itself, but we know that all sorts of people are regularly looking in and will be enjoying hearing about the details of the boat's rebuild and whatever else besides. Everyone is always encouraged to join in, ask questions, contribute etc- it's here for you all to make the most of. 8-)
'I am not what is called a "civilized man", Professor. I have done with society for reasons that seem good to me.'

Jordangbr

Post by Jordangbr » Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:11 am

As long as you don't ask the 'when' question of course.....
Bangers!
You must have known I was coming!

markm

Post by markm » Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:30 pm

First of all a thank you for allowing me to join the forum
As a small child I can just about remember seeing the news and the film of Donalds boat crashing at Coniston but being so young it did not really mean anything to me
I also had a Dinky or Corgi CN7 which was one of my favourite toys

Whatever was implanted in my mind so young has stayed with me and I have a interest in anything related to Donald Campbell or Land Speed Records

Mark

quicksilver-wsr

Post by quicksilver-wsr » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:59 pm

markm wrote:I also had a Dinky or Corgi CN7 which was one of my favourite toys
It would have been a Corgi toy, Mark. I had one too, 1965-time. The setback with zooming it across the school playground was always that pieces of gravel it encountered were not to scale!

Consequently, every high-speed run terminated abruptly in a lurid end-over-end crash.

Nigel

Richie

Post by Richie » Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:03 am

It's all about the running conditions Nige...

School halls were awesome for it !
Clarence come out ov zat tank at vonz !

quicksilver-wsr

Post by quicksilver-wsr » Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:03 am

The course conditions were very poor that year. I put it down to some sort of black magic. A curse that seemed to hang over the place, frustrating each and every run.

Nigel

d_hipperson

Post by d_hipperson » Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:14 am

I check the Bluebird Project website almost every day for the last 10 years. I am interested due in no small part due to the gravitas with which my father recollects the events of 1967.He remembers the accident very clearly and our mutual interest in your restoration has brought us closer over the years. We look forward to to the runs on Consiston.
To the whole team - your attention to detail is so pleasing. Keep going. Out of interest - Has crowd funding (such as Kickstarter) been investigated/disregarded? Regards - Dan and Bill.

PeteManc

Post by PeteManc » Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:15 pm

Hello all! I'm Pete from Manchester, been fascinated by Donald's achievements and Bluebird since about 6 years of age, even though he'd sadly died some 8 years before I was born. My interest was first stirred by a picture strip/article called ''Campbell: Man Of Speed'' in a Joe 90 annual, and after reading it, I immediately set about making a Lego Bluebird! I was a bit too young to understand that he'd had both a Bluebird car and boat though, so my lego model was some strangely morphed K7/CN7 thing. Given the age that I was, my parents looked at my lego model and said; ''That's great, but...how do you know about Donald Campbell?''

Now I'm all grown up (honest!!) I'm currently modifying the Touchwood 1:12 K7 as a static build, which will include scratch building the Orpheus. I'd very much like to pick people's brains on here regarding fine detailing of the model, if I may!