New Members

James atb

Re: New Members

Post by James atb » Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:40 pm

Hi all at the Bluebird project,
I finally joined the forum after following the rebuild for some years. I'm the service engineer/ tourist from Preston that forgot the golden rule, bring buscuits!
After spending last Saturday lending a hand with you guys (this time bringing buscuits) and seeing the complexities first hand my respect for what the bluebird project team has done and is doing have massively increased.

Keep up the good work, hope to get back up soon. James

Mike Bull

Post by Mike Bull » Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:09 pm

Hi James- nice to hear from you- welcome to the forum! 8-)
'I am not what is called a "civilized man", Professor. I have done with society for reasons that seem good to me.'

Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo » Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:59 pm

Hi James,

Enjoyed working with you last Sat. When you coming back?
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

I have wrought my simple plan
If I give one hour of joy
To the boy who’s half a man,
Or the man who’s half a boy.

Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.

James atb

Post by James atb » Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:07 pm

I really enjoyed meeting you all and lending a hand with bluebird k7. I was planning on coming back up next Saturday, but if there's a more convenient day this week just let me know. James

Mike Bull

Post by Mike Bull » Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:16 pm

James- please check your private messages. Cheers!
'I am not what is called a "civilized man", Professor. I have done with society for reasons that seem good to me.'

richw_82

Post by richw_82 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:55 am

Hi all,

Rich Woods here, from Derbyshire. I've been following you a long time, mainly through your main websites and the odd update that appears in the aviation press. As with many, I had a passing knowledge of the legendary Donald Campbell and his boat, but I got sucked in more to reading about your projects when I found out about the Barracuda. I must have spent the better part of a day lost in your website reading the old diary entries! Its all inspiring stuff, and its heartening to see what can be done with what often seems to be the worst damaged material - but an intensely positive attitude.

I'd like to visit Bluebird and the Bluebird Project Team at some point, though my free time takes a hit by my own commitments to a large project. I'm part of a team maintaining and attempting to return to flight Avro Shackleton WR963 at Coventry. We're a few years off seeing it happen; ours is more a paperwork battle with authority than a rebuild at the moment.

Hope you don't mind me joining in.

Regards,

Rich

Mike Bull

Post by Mike Bull » Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:29 am

Hello Rich, and welcome.

Free time, what's that then?! :lol:

Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo » Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:23 pm

Hope you don't mind me joining in.
Hi Rich - good to meet you, if you know what I mean. You're very welcome and please don't be backwards in coming forwards.
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

I have wrought my simple plan
If I give one hour of joy
To the boy who’s half a man,
Or the man who’s half a boy.

Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.

Rich1981

Newbie saying hi

Post by Rich1981 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:01 pm

Hi I would just like to say hello and congratulate everyone involved in returning k7 back to the water. I have only just stumbled on the website and have spent the last day reading all the diary entries. I will be making a donation soon to the cause and only wish I had the skills involved to come and assist.

Mike Bull

Re: Newbie saying hi

Post by Mike Bull » Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:18 pm

What, you can't even push a broom or make tea?! :shock: ;)