New Members

Renegadenemo

Re: New Members

Post by Renegadenemo » Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:45 am

Thanks to Bill and all the team.(Not forgetting all those businesses that have helped).

And thanks to all those people out there who take an interest. This would be a lonely quest without you.
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'Sometimes you gotta be an S.O.B if you wanna make a dream reality' Mark Knopfler

Ernie Lazenby

Post by Ernie Lazenby » Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:45 pm

Hi some of you know me so no intro. Hi to all.

BTW If it wasnt for Bill I would not have the big Gas Turbine Model sat on the dinning room table undergoing some minor repairs after Sundays run in the Lakes.

Mike Bull

Post by Mike Bull » Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:59 pm

Hi Ernie, and welcome.

For those here who don't know of him, Ernie makes some absolutely amazing models!

Ernie Lazenby

Post by Ernie Lazenby » Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:23 pm

Thanks Mike.
For those that cannot wait until 2010 perhaps the following smaller version running flat out will do.

Youtube. BluebirdK7 Lazenby

BTW Malcolm/Bill If I can help out in 2010 I will. I can turn my hand to pretty much anything (except diving!)

jonwrightk7

Post by jonwrightk7 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:31 pm

hi Ernie, your model of k7 is a credit to you and the you tube video excellent! nice to see your model could do the Donalds "taxiing" just stunning alround
The world is full of Kings and Queens; who blind your eyes, then steal your dreams..

Mike Bull

Post by Mike Bull » Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:37 pm

Indeed, and I tell you what, I hope the boss has thought about there being a minicam in the real cockpit when she's out doing her thing!

jonwrightk7

Post by jonwrightk7 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:46 pm

hi mike thats got to be a sure fire definate. i would love to watch that! all ive got is about five seconds of grainy black and white on board footage from the fiftys!
The world is full of Kings and Queens; who blind your eyes, then steal your dreams..

Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo » Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:59 am

Ernie,

Good to talk today and the model is absolutely fantastic. What an amazing thing it would be to have it out pleasing the crowds while the rest of us spanner furiously at the bigger version in the hope of having it ready dance before the tourists get bored and go home. If our 1:1 scale model performs as well as yours I'll be well pleased.

Bill
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'Sometimes you gotta be an S.O.B if you wanna make a dream reality' Mark Knopfler

Ernie Lazenby

Post by Ernie Lazenby » Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:58 am

Hi Bill. I am up for that!!! Nothing I would like better. If you think it would help I can do talks to the public on the history of the world water speed record to keep them focused. I do this quite regularly and I enjoy it. The folk listening always seem to find it interesting and I make it amusing. My health is a lot better and Elaine is happy for me to do this. History in the making as they say.

Roll on 2010.

jonwrightk7

Post by jonwrightk7 » Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:16 pm

hi ernie you have got your first listener a your proposed talk! just love to listen to anything campbell and wsr well done again on the model, FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!