New Members

Claire

Re: New Members

Post by Claire » Tue May 12, 2009 10:18 pm

Renegadenemo wrote:We can always find you at White Mare Pool if you want to join the boys for a beer.
We surely do! I will check on the reservation change soon.

Claire

Post by Claire » Wed May 13, 2009 5:20 am

Claire wrote:
Renegadenemo wrote:We can always find you at White Mare Pool if you want to join the boys for a beer.
We surely do! I will check on the reservation change soon.
Well, I checked and the change won't work. I booked White Mare Pool back in January when the sales were on, and now Silverlink is pretty full and very dear. So with directions we can find your local, or if we finish at Beamish by mid afternoon, perhaps find your shop. Then do your local - does it have pub food?

Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo » Wed May 13, 2009 11:59 pm

No worries, we'll catch up with each other and find you some food. We're a friendly lot. Any other forum members up for a gathering on Tyneside? We could have a mini BBP convention.
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'Sometimes you gotta be an S.O.B if you wanna make a dream reality' Mark Knopfler

KW Mitchell

Post by KW Mitchell » Thu May 14, 2009 4:25 pm

Renegadenemo wrote:No worries, we'll catch up with each other and find you some food. We're a friendly lot. Any other forum members up for a gathering on Tyneside? We could have a mini BBP convention.
If 19th June is the date, count me in.

KW Mitchell

Post by KW Mitchell » Thu May 14, 2009 4:40 pm

Claire wrote: --- but I will be there in June and will definitely visit the Ruskin and see the new addition and displays---
Claire - are you aware of:

Guided Walks from The Ruskin Museum 2009:
'The Donald Campbell & Bluebird Story' will take place
on the following Thursdays,
starting at 2pm from The Ruskin Museum :-

28 May; 18 June.
£7 - inc. admission to the Ruskin --------.

Keith

annefirebaugh

Hello Everyone

Post by annefirebaugh » Thu May 14, 2009 9:04 pm

I just found this forum today, I'm so happy to have found it, I remember so well the day the crash happened, I so wish I could get to the launch, but as I live in the US now that could be a little hard :( , I'm so glad Bluebird is being so lovingly restorded, a wonderful memorial to a great man. I will visit often to see how things are going, take care. Anne

Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo » Fri May 15, 2009 12:22 am

A guided walk from the Ruskin museum... meet the team... just guide us as far as the Black Bull and sit us down, thank you very much.
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'Sometimes you gotta be an S.O.B if you wanna make a dream reality' Mark Knopfler

KW Mitchell

Post by KW Mitchell » Fri May 15, 2009 11:57 am

Aye, yis, but wud the 'Yankie Lassie' larn much thru' thu Geordie froth ------!

jonwrightk7

Post by jonwrightk7 » Fri May 15, 2009 7:27 pm

donald did plenty of "froth blowing" in the bull and did alright for himself. done a bit myself, no positive results yet though alas :)
The world is full of Kings and Queens; who blind your eyes, then steal your dreams..

Claire

Post by Claire » Sat May 16, 2009 7:07 pm

KW Mitchell wrote:
Claire - are you aware of:

Guided Walks from The Ruskin Museum 2009:
'The Donald Campbell & Bluebird Story' will take place
on the following Thursdays,
starting at 2pm from The Ruskin Museum :-
28 May; 18 June.
Keith
No, I was not aware of that. Thank you Keith. It may fit my schedule too, since I planned a trip to the Ruskin anyway.

What is up in the air, is when. I am trying to have someone get me into the grounds of the Windermere Steamboat Museum, which is undergoing renovation by the Lakeland Arts Trust. I am a member of the Arthur Ransome Society, and am trying to do a definitive article on the origin of the houseboat used in his Lakes stories. The prototypes were the Gondola, which I can get at easily, but mostly the Esperance, which I am told is still in the water at the museum. If anyone can help me to gain access to her, I would appreciate it. I am pursuing a few leads asking the same question on Tarboard - the online AR discussion site.

Claire