The Extremely Off Topic 'Strictly Come Dancing' Thread

Terminator

The Extremely Off Topic 'Strictly Come Dancing' Thread

Post by Terminator » Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:35 am

b006m8dq.jpg
Come on guys who's your favourite to win tonight? I have my money on Chelsee whom I admit, I did not think she would do anything at the start. How she has proved me wrong. However all the papers this morning have Chelsee on the front page to win I just hope the pressure does not get to her.

Go Chelsee and Pasha :D
Novie
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Never ride faster than your Angel can fly"

Mike Bull

Re: Strictly come dancing

Post by Mike Bull » Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:21 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

A lot of people will now be thinking 'What the hell?' but it's true, Novie has outed us- as my current avatar shows, much of The Bluebird Project are 'Strictly' fans and a careful eye is kept on the time on Saturdays so that we may all get home from the workshop in time for it!

I don't think it's quite been a vintage year contestants-wise- I still don't really feel that I've seen THE dance, whereas last year I saw a few from Kara and Artem alone. I don't have a favourite to win this year, but strangely-coloured and odd little creature that she is, I think Chelsee will pip Harry to the win.

Renegadenemo

Re: Strictly Come Dancing

Post by Renegadenemo » Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:33 am

Still got my money on Harry...
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

I have wrought my simple plan
If I give one hour of joy
To the boy who’s half a man,
Or the man who’s half a boy.

Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.

Mike Bull

Post by Mike Bull » Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:01 am

Mike Bull

Post by Mike Bull » Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:22 pm

A good winner there in Harry, though I thought it was very, very close between him and Chelsee throughout. Harry's show dance was, I thought, a bit clumsy- too many clever lifts to get the lovely Aliona in and out of, and it didn't quite flow. And while I was never keen on him, I thought Jason's show dance was superb.

Good stuff. :D

bluebirdsback

Post by bluebirdsback » Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:15 am

Just like to say i have never watched strictly come dancing, and you guys need to get out more. I will start to bring Gills old coppies of Take A Break down to the workshop if you want. :lol: :lol: :lol:
The moment you make something idiot proof a new breed of idiots will come along and prove you wrong

Dominic Owen

Post by Dominic Owen » Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:25 am

:shock:

Oh dear...

That is all :P
One by one, the penguins are stealing my sanity...

Terminator

Post by Terminator » Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:56 am

Well I could see from Craig Greval whatever scoring through the evening that something was on the cards. Harry was good but something happened there tonight as you could see the shock on Anita Dobson's face and others at one point which was quickly covered by the host whatever her name was. However Chelsee for me was not quite on song and Harry regardless of his hands gave a good account on the night. And I will give credit to Jason as suddenly I realized that he was infact giving the other couple twenty years and he did remarkable well given the age gap.

Great series but I agree with Mike last years winner was far better than this years Kara and Artem were superb and perfection. As for Rob you need a little culture in your life mate and I am sorry but it is you who needs to get out more :lol:
Novie
just back from the pub :D
"Never ride faster than your Angel can fly"

Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo » Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:09 am

I thought Harry was a very deserving winner. His quickstep was absolutely superb. All those changes of timing! Mind you, he is a drummer so you'd expect he'd cope with that. Well done to him...

My all time favourite though has to be Karen Hardy and Mark Ramprakash doing the Argentine Tango.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvZhbAUk8P0
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

I have wrought my simple plan
If I give one hour of joy
To the boy who’s half a man,
Or the man who’s half a boy.

Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.

Mike Bull

Post by Mike Bull » Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:25 am

Harry's American Smooth was, finally, THE dance for me- and his second attempt at the Argentine Tango was much, much better as well.

Novie, don't tell us that you're even sniffing conspiracies in 'Strictly' now?! :lol: Harry had been the favourite to win for weeks, and while he upped his game last night- the improved second Tango for example- I didn't feel that Chelsee's repeat dances were improved, so the voting was fair. End of the day though, it was purely down to the public this week remember. (I picked up the phone last year for Kara, but didn't feel inclined to do so at all this year)

Rob's distancing himself from our chat would be all well and good if his wasn't an 'X Factor' household... :lol: :lol: :lol: