Officially full of wind!

Renegadenemo

Re: Officially full of wind!

Post by Renegadenemo »

So, congratulations old chap- and we'll not let the judges know about your average bottom behaviour, lest they think that you had the advantage of some sudden extra gusts...

Is that why he ate a hundredweight of sprouts at my place on Wednesday night then washed it down with a quart of baked beans? If he later won something in one of those sticks and string boats of his I reckon there ought to be a stewards inquiry!
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
Jordangbr

Officially full of wind!

Post by Jordangbr »

Nice one! :-)
Bangers!
You must have known I was coming!
Jordangbr

Officially full of wind!

Post by Jordangbr »

Nah his starboard ear is still knackered. No sailing for the Captain Canvas.
Bangers!
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

Nah his starboard ear is still knackered. No sailing for the Captain Canvas.
Soft lot, you sailists... I've seen CCR divers do 100m with blood coming out of their heads. One of the worst effects of deep diving, and thankfully I've never tried this, is what was called a 'tooth bend' where high pressure gas would sneak under a filling at depth then either split the tooth or blow the filling clean out on the deco with a result so painful that the diver would arrive at the surface a whimpering mess. An ex dive buddy of mine, Mark Blomfield, would have any dodgy tooth pulled straight out of his mouth just in case. Possibly the best diver I've ever had the pleasure of jumping into the sea with.

http://tursiops.org/modules.php?name=Ne ... le&sid=435
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
MattWillis

Post by MattWillis »

Mike Bull wrote:Apparently our Jordan from the team has just become the 2012 Flying Fifteen Silver Fleet Northern Champion, which I believe is something do with those funny little boats that don't have engines.
Well done. Nice boats FFs, as are most things designed by Uffa. I have a 1964 Merlin Rocket (Proctor XVI) sitting in the drive waiting for me to get the funds and time together to get it floating. It has a very high proportion of original fabric - more than it would have if the previous owner failed to sell, as he had promised to burn it. Some people have no class.
Visit my blog Naval Air History at http://navalairhistory.com/
Jordangbr

Officially full of wind!

Post by Jordangbr »

If only there was some wind that weekend, ruddy difficult racing in such light airs. Glad you like it Mike it's a beguiling colour don't you think?
Bangers!
Richie

Post by Richie »

all looks very sedate to me.... like i said before does the BBQ and picnic basket go under the foredeck ?

I used to sail 14's Briefly (until i lost my crew) none of the below pics are of my boat by the way

unfortunately although a 15 - 20knt boat (under the right conditions) they are super twitchy and you will get wet at some stage

partly the reason I lost my crew hahahaha .............................................................__>
"You can screw a man down until he takes to drinking......take me to the fantastic place..."
Jordangbr

Officially full of wind!

Post by Jordangbr »

I've not sailed B14 but sailed a an International 14 and a 505 in the past. Great fun these WAFI boats when the breeze is up.
Bangers!
Jordangbr

Officially full of wind!

Post by Jordangbr »

I've not sailed B14 but sailed an International 14 and a 505 in the past. Great fun these WAFI boats when the breeze is up.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Jordangbr on Thu May 10, 2012 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bangers!
mtskull

Post by mtskull »

I don't suppose I will be challenging Jordan for speed, but I can't wait to get this one wet on Coniston Water with a sail full of wind!
(International 12, similar vintage to Bluebird K4).
Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goals.