New girl with questions . . .

Ernie Lazenby

Re: New girl with questions . . .

Post by Ernie Lazenby »

The true measure of a man is the ability to say I got it wrong and apologise- Respect earned Bill. Keep up the good work.

DMCK7 Fan

Post by DMCK7 Fan »

fair dinkum.... time to move on with respect for each other I would say.

jonwrightk7

Post by jonwrightk7 »

come on people, lets get back to discussing the positives of DC and all things Bluebird. lets not get drawn into He said/She said rubbish. "Here's to the Donald!"
The world is full of Kings and Queens; who blind your eyes, then steal your dreams..

huszarail

Post by huszarail »

I think there's some debate about whether the plaques etc were ever actually fitted to the dash in K7's final guise? They certainly don't appear in all the archive pics and video of the cockpit from 66/67. :?[/quote

Right back on topic then...... Arthur Knowles' "With Campbell at Coniston" makes mention of the St Christopher being in the cockpit of Bluebird during the record attempts of '66 & '67.
Was this just bad reserch or poor memory? As mentioned, Paul Allonby's picture in the book seems to show it partially obscured on the instrument panel ( to right of wheel).
I'm only a man from Del Monte..........

huszarail

Post by huszarail »

Ah, yes Mike. I must get my eyes tested, that or rein in my imagination.

Incidently, I dug out Leo's 3D book and the Dymo Labels are clear to see in a cockpit shot on page 209. No sign of the plaques either. The photos look to be just after the completion of the Orpheus conversion and about to leave for Coniston, so probably too early for plaques anyway.
It shows the speedo in, I suppose, the original position. It was later moved into Donalds eye line at the upper edge of the instrument panel wasn't it ? I guess he wouldn't have wanted to take his eye off the ball to check his speed, or put his cigar in the ashtray :roll: .

klingon

Post by klingon »

[quote="huszarail"]Ah, yes Mike. I must get my eyes tested, that or rein in my imagination.

Incidently, I dug out Leo's 3D book and the Dymo Labels are clear to see in a cockpit shot on page 209. No sign of the plaques either. The photos look to be just after the completion of the Orpheus conversion and about to leave for Coniston, so probably too early for plaques anyway.
It shows the speedo in, I suppose, the original position. It was later moved into Donalds eye line at the upper edge of the instrument panel wasn't it ? I guess he wouldn't have wanted to take his eye off the ball to check his speed, or put his cigar in the ashtray :roll: .[/quote

They were removed to fit the 8 track stereo- :lol:
"I hate two faced people-don't know which face to punch first!"

bluebirdsback

Post by bluebirdsback »

Dishappy and ungruntled to see the ownership of k7 been disputed again. We all know it belongs to me. A woman in the Sunderland Echo will back me up. :
The moment you make something idiot proof a new breed of idiots will come along and prove you wrong

huszarail

Post by huszarail »

They were removed to fit the 8 track stereo- :lol:[/quote]

Oh no stop it........my sides..................aaaaahh. :D

Gordon

Post by Gordon »

klingon wrote: They were removed to fit the 8 track stereo- :lol:
What, no iPod dock? Donald was a guy who was years ahead of his time after all! :mrgreen:

klingon

Post by klingon »

Gordon wrote:
klingon wrote: They were removed to fit the 8 track stereo- :lol:
What, no iPod dock? Donald was a guy who was years ahead of his time after all! :mrgreen:
No room beside the Tom Tom - hey this is gettin silly!-the wee blue boat doesnt even have anything in the way of a battery charging system!-flat battery=nae big flame coming oot its bum! :ugeek:
"I hate two faced people-don't know which face to punch first!"