Congratulations to the Red Bull team

Renegadenemo

Congratulations to the Red Bull team

Post by Renegadenemo »

A quick note to congratulate all the boys and girls at Red Bull for an outstanding achievement at the weekend. I know one or two of you look in here so well done one and all.
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
Dominic Owen

Re: Congratulations to the Red Bull team

Post by Dominic Owen »

I'll second that! I was on the edge of my seat from start to finish. An incredible recovery, both in the race and the season. Well done guys!
One by one, the penguins are stealing my sanity...
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

Best season I've seen for a very long time and I was beginning to wonder how Seb would cope with a real crisis on his hands. No worries there, the way he reversed down the circuit, working the wheel to keep the car straight with the rest of the field coming the other way was masterful. A well deserved third title.

twhite

Post by twhite »

Agreed Bill. Fantastic final race and Vettel proved he deserved the championship. Roll on 2013!! :D
Terminator

Post by Terminator »

Vettel a worthy Champion indeed but lets not forget the charging Alonso in the ill handling and ill performing Ferrari. I did not like Alonso very much after his head went to big after his first two world titles and the MClaren episode. However he has once again earned mine any many other people's respect back this year I feel with his driving, determination and persistence. Even though the odds where stacked against him he never gave up for one second and drove the wheels of that car right up to the last race.
Excellent season.
Novie
"Never ride faster than your Angel can fly"
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

I did not like Alonso very much after his head went to big after his first two world titles and the MClaren episode. However he has once again earned mine any many other people's respect back this year I feel with his driving, determination and persistence.
Can't argue with that...

ace_chris

Post by ace_chris »

A great finale to an exciting season. Seb's recovery after his first lap accident is truly inspirational, as is the total achievement of the team. Also think it testament to the R & D and safety of the sport (and car design) that he could finish the race in quite a poorly car. Interesting too that even Fernando's call for the safety car to come out did not sabotage Seb's title chances. As much as I am not a fan of Fernando as a person, as a driver he is a legend! Roll on 2013... :D
turbocox

Post by turbocox »

Thanks chaps :D

It was hard fought this season, I wouldn't want to have to sit through another title decider race like that again, my nerves were wrecked after shouting at the tv for two hours :lol:
All men dream: but not equally,Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act out their dream with open eyes, to make it possible.
Dominic Owen

Post by Dominic Owen »

"The 31-year-old Alonso, who was world champion in 2005 and 2006, is believed to be pushing Ferrari to make an official protest to the FIA."
Yep, Alonso has really matured this season. Not a sign of the stroppy spoiled-brat cry-babying poor loser of old... :roll:

I was just waiting for him to find something to p**s & moan about after Schumacher's gracious little manouver for his fellow countryman.
One by one, the penguins are stealing my sanity...
mtskull

Post by mtskull »

Dominic Owen wrote: I was just waiting for him to find something to p**s & moan about after Schumacher's gracious little manouver for his fellow countryman.
Now there are two words I never thought I would see in the same sentence: "Schumacher" and "gracious" :lol:

Meanwhile, isn't it time somebody took Vettel to one side and told him, gently but firmly, to go and get a shave?
Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goals.